Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 01:24 AM

Default Re: College pole Top 10

The only teams they've lost 2 are ND and Wisconsin, both of which are very, very good. They just handed MSU their ass. Not an easy schedule for them, and they've mauled the bad teams.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they've mauled the bad teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you miss the opener against NIU?? They didn't exactly look all-world in that one.

I think they are a pretty good team, but let's not go overboard. They haven't mauled the bad teams, and they definitely didn't hand MSU their ass.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:32 AM

Wisconsin is not that good.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tier 1:
USC
Texas
Va Tech

Tier 2:
Michigan
LSU
Notre Dame
Miami
Wisconsin
Florida State
Ohio State

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think Miami is that good? Michigan surprises me too.

I would take Alabama over either of them.

EDIT: And Sagarin predictor says I would be wrong.

(4) Michigan
(6) Miami (FL)
(16) Alabama

Interestingly, though, Alabama is ranked NUMBER ONE in Sagarin Elo-chess, which is what the BCS uses.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:43 AM

I think that you completely overrate FSU and Miami. If anything I think Miami is better than FSU. Also, wait till next weekend before you put Alabama at number 4. Texas should be ahead of Va Tech. USC is just scary; I feel like they haven't even tried yet.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:50 AM

While I think that it's cool that you have respect for Michigan, some of your logic seems slightly erroneous. First, who cares if they rape the bad teams? I mean Eastern Michigan looked like a high school team out there, and NIU only had a good running back. We're expected to maul those teams (which you know). Anyways, we lost to ND b/c Hart was injured and Henne played like a jackass. We never should have lost that game; we shut down ND the second half. Moreover, Wisconsin is not a good team. I was not impressed with them AT ALL. Stocco is TERRIBLE; GOD I DONT KNOW HOW WE LOST TO THEM. We went into that game knowing that Calhoun was the only threat, YET HE TORE US APART THE SECOND HALF. WOW, insanely frustrating to watch.

Having said that, as we proved against MSU, when Henne plays well and Hart is in the game, we're pretty tough to stop. MSU's secondary sucks, and we took advantage of that with Manningham (aka Brailon Jr.). If we can play consistently well then I agree that we're a top 10 team, but until we prove we can do this, we deserve what we got.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That's OK, kyro's going to Beaver Stadium next week. Win or lose, it will be the greatest sporting event I have ever attended, for sur.e

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you didn't go to the Nebraska game at Beaver Stadium.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I did. This will be twenty times better. And I'm not selling the Nebraska game short. It will just have to take #2 for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at the Nebraska game, but I'm expecting much more out of this game. I'm going to try to find a ticket before kickoff. Don't want to spend >$125.

Still tailgating, and going to the Skeller if I can't find a ticket.

[/ QUOTE ]

Short of a blowout, which I highly doubt will happen, the Stadium will be rocking from 30 minutes before the game starts, until the last play. I can only imagine what will happen if we win.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That's OK, kyro's going to Beaver Stadium next week. Win or lose, it will be the greatest sporting event I have ever attended, for sur.e

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I did. This will be twenty times better. And I'm not selling the Nebraska game short. It will just have to take #2 for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at the Nebraska game, but I'm expecting much more out of this game. I'm going to try to find a ticket before kickoff. Don't want to spend >$125.

[/ QUOTE ]

Short of a blowout, which I highly doubt will happen, the Stadium will be rocking from 30 minutes before the game starts, until the last play. I can only imagine what will happen if we win.

[/ QUOTE ]

too bad you'll only find out what happens after you lose [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

too bad you'll only find out what happens after you lose [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

We trash the ESPN Gameday set, though that might happen either way.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tier 1:
USC
Texas
Va Tech

Tier 2:
Michigan
LSU
Notre Dame
Miami
Wisconsin
Florida State
Ohio State

[/ QUOTE ]

You know little about college football, this is obvious
Michigan WTF, Wisconsin wow, Notre Dame win this weekend and ok, LSU an no Alabama TN or Georgia. Wisconsin doesn't play anyone