Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-03-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
sucks man, but i lose this pot and smile... if he open riases with a3 and does donkey check/raise checks... it's just a loan that you'll get back with heavy interest

[/ QUOTE ]

His opponent got the money in good on every street and stacked his opponent. I would play the flop differently than he did, but I wouldn't go around calling someone a donkey when every cent that went in on three different streets was with them having the best hand.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I announced to the table that I had 2 outs, but wanted to win the jackpot

[/ QUOTE ]

They pay out a jackpot if you make a SF with only one of the cards in your hand?

[/ QUOTE ]that seems wierd... also 10K seems way excessive for a SF thats beating a big hand (not a "bad beat")... never seen this before on either account.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His opponent got the money in good on every street and stacked his opponent. I would play the flop differently than he did, but I wouldn't go around calling someone a donkey when every cent that went in on three different streets was with them having the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasn't calling his opponent a donkey, i said "a donkey check/raise check" and i love playing with people that open riase with A/rag suited... you can play strictly ABC and get this money back in no time.

against this player, and most that generally populate the games... i can't see you laying down this hand with those odds and it being profitable... IMO

post how long it takes you to recover this loss from this player... if this was the only hand you played with this guy, damn shame... but it's most likely not the only hand you'll play with him, and i bet you get more action from him now getting stacked with 56

i say NH and good investment.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sucks man, but i lose this pot and smile... if he open riases with a3 and does donkey check/raise checks... it's just a loan that you'll get back with heavy interest

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah el d, i hate those donkeys who always stack me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i love playing with people that open riase with A/rag suited... you can play strictly ABC and get this money back in no time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm... I guess I better re-evaluate my standard play of opening w/ A-rag suited. Crap, just when I thought I had pre-flop figured out.

[ QUOTE ]
i can't see you laying down this hand with those odds and it being profitable... IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the exact opposite way and think this is exactly where the expert player's edge comes from. You get paid off 100% when you make a bigger flush, but when you make a smaller flush you can get away when it's obvious you're probably beat.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:51 PM

if he said, villian is a good player, one of the few at the table who's play i respect... yeah, but he said he's loose preflop and nothing impressive post flop... i don't run for the hills against people i read this way when the pot is laying me 3:1

i don't now and never will...

on a side note... u open with a3 suited from utg+1???

and yes, i think ABC play makes money from the player he described.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: 5-10 NL straight flush draw

i'm reading this as a full ring game.. was this 6 max or short handed game??
Old 10-03-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i love playing with people that open riase with A/rag suited... you can play strictly ABC and get this money back in no time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this is terrible. If you think playing ABC poker is a good way to respond to somebody who mixes up preflop standards regardless of position, you're going to get demolished by a good player. Just wait until you flop your set and only get action if your opponent has some super-concealed nut hand.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he said, villian is a good player, one of the few at the table who's play i respect... yeah

[/ QUOTE ]
This is so completely backwards, it boggles my mind. On a general aside, this type of comment crops up on this board all the time and it is utterly shocking how wrong it is. Just think about it for a minute. What does it mean for someone to be a good player? What does that imply for our willingness to lay down here?
Old 10-03-2005, 04:45 PM

i read/understood his description of this guy as the typical WPT watching softy... why isn't ABC poker good against these players?? bluffs are almost meaningless against most of them, and they tend to overplay hands such as top pair decent kicker...i was stating that playing ABC against these players will result in a return, not saying playing above ABC is bad or to ONLY play ABC against them..

and this isn't someone mixing it up:
"UTG+1 is a mediocre postflop and loose preflop player. He's probably a slight loser in the game. He'll raise any pair, any suited ace, AK, AQ, AJ, KQ from UTG+1 after a limper, but he's also capable of raising weird hands OOP to isolate."

this guy raises with any "20" and just about any ace... not exactly a preflop powerhouse just trying to mix up his game.