Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Its Fish Friday!!! Yay!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an attack, and has no bearing on this forum. I have requested a moderator looks at this post, as it DOES NOT add anything useful to this forum. Keep these kinds of thoughts to yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww, don't feel neglected.

I'm sure he hates you too! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And just b/c this thread desperately needs it:

Yugoslav
Old 09-30-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As you requested we get back on topic...I think your thought that games are easier to beat when they are full of "solid regulars" and "aren't as wild" is completely off. This is the equivilent of someone saying the 215's are easier to beat than the 11's because the players are more predictable and not as wild at the 215's. As someone who has played many games at all levels...I can assure you that it is not the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

At last a bit of discussion. Thankyou Chripe01

I can see what you are saying, and having only recorded one game at the 215s i'm probably not qualified to speak about them. But i'm guessing at the dizzy heights of 215s, they are far better then a "solid, predictable" 22er, so dont think you can make the assumption that playing daytime 22s are the same as playing 215s.

An example i would give, is that at the 215s a good player would be a bit more concerned about giving table image, since they must play against the same players far more frequently. For instance, in the latter parts of a 215 game player "X" who is holding Q7 in the big blind sees the button push for all his chips. Now player "X" KNOWS that calling is -ve, but long term player X might see the call as +ve. The reason being, is everyone will see this "bad" call, and assume he has low calling standards, so will leave his blinds alone not only in this game but future games as well.

I do find it hard to believe that the 215s are as tough as daytime 22s, but if they are i'm laughing all the way to the bank in a few months time.

I'm sure Megabet will flame this post as per usual, but only as he hasn't got the brain capacity to even think about levels that he hasn't yet reached.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:23 PM

This post just displays your ignorance about SNGs.

[ QUOTE ]
The reason being, is everyone will see this "bad" call, and assume he has low calling standards, so will leave his blinds alone not only in this game but future games as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are still enough players at the $215s that making this -EV play, that will likely cost you your buy in, against at most 9 other players, but likely against 3 or 4 other players just to gain "table image" is absurd.

[ QUOTE ]
I do find it hard to believe that the 215s are as tough as daytime 22s

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao.

[ QUOTE ]
but only as he hasn't got the brain capacity to even think about levels that he hasn't yet reached.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see. You're a $22 player. I'm a regular $55/$109 player who also dabbles in the $215s. Should I tell him about my 44% ITM at the $215s? Nah, I wouldn't want to burst his bubble. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I would pay a lot of money to see your face when you start getting outplayed at the higher levels and give up poker as realisation strikes you.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You are saying that the egde presented by the "predictable" play by presumably better players who more often during the day is greater than the edges to be found versus bad players. It's an old and well known fallacy that is the same logic as "If I move up the fish won't suck out on me." It's a bunch of garbage and everyone knows it. So what do you except for a reply?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the same logic at all... Theres ways of beating wild tables (i.e stay very tight) and theres ways of beating tight tables against better players. I'm just saying that i'm finding a greater edge against the "better" players at the moment, then the "awful" night time players. Of course, it could just be variance, but my suspicion is that i've found ways of beating the "better" daytime players for more money then the "not so good" night time players.

It's like the old saying by some poker shark who i'm not sure the name of: "If you're a bad player i'll takes most ya money, and if you're a good player i'll takes ALL ya money!" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2005, 05:27 PM

You are re-iterating very basic poker concepts that can be read within the first few pages of any poker strategy book.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:27 PM

I'm afraid I'm missing your definition of attack. Saying I hate you doesn't attack anyone. Telling someone "you're such a motherfucker" is an attack. For instance, I could proably count on my fingers the number of people on this board who for some reason or the other I don't hate. That doesn't mean that I've attacked everyone that isn't on that list, or even that I attack stanzee when I make the post I just did, though who knows, I might have to take that one down. Then again, I might have to trash stanzee's account really soon, but I dunno, I only know about his posts by people notifying mod. I've got him on ignore.

citanul
Old 09-30-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I do find it hard to believe that the 215s are as tough as daytime 22s

lmao.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, i got this the wrong way round and you know it. Even, I, Stanzee make mistakes sometimes.

What's you're sample size on the 215s? You say you only dabble in them so i'm guessing your sample size isn't big enough to start spouting figures.

Oh, and also, i'm playing the 55s mainly now. Should have moved up from the 22s ages ago, but i have leaks in other areas away from poker, so only just got the bankroll together to play the 55s.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have leaks in other areas away from poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you too old for wet dreams? LMAO

Haven't you figured out how awful you are at poker yet? 2+2 is one of the premier poker mesage boards (if not, the best poker message board) at improving people's game. And one of it's mods not only has you on ignore because you piss him off, but starts a thread asking other members if they have you on ignore - and posting a link so they CAN ignore you if they want to. Doesn't this tell you anything!?