Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 06:02 PM

Default YOU play too tight and are not fit to tie my laces!

Everyone is probably wondering what makes Stanzee so much better then the rest? How can he hit a 30%ROI and 46%ITM in the 20s over 1000 games? Is he god? Is he the special one? Well no, just one of the best poker players around at the moment. I'm now killing the 50s but haven't had enough results to post my results yet.

You should all be able to hit 10-20%ROI by now from the 6s to the 55s by just studying this site. How can you hit the dizzy heights of 30%ROI over the long run though? Well to do this you need a lot of things. You can NEVER tilt, you must KNOW who you are up against (which means really concentrating on as many hands as possible when multitabling to find out what they are raising/calling with), and you MUST be able to play the mid/late game optimally, as well as playing the early game to near perfection... far too established players play the early game poorly... so this is what i'll concentrate on in todays class.

Take a marginal hand like K9s in late position l2 with just one player calling the BB... far too many 2+2 players will fold this (the fish will still play this), for fear of getting into trouble on the flop... your reasons for not playing this hand is that you can only win a small pot or get yourself into trouble and lose a big pot. Well, if you haven't got the discipline to keep yourself out of trouble on the flop, then you have some serious learning to do. Not me, i would say i can still win a small pot and i want those small pots, but I can also get out of the hand when i know i'm beaten (even if i hit the flop), without harming my chances of winning the tourny. I mentioned the fish may still play K9, but what seperates the fish and me is that i can fold when i hit, the fish will call off all of their chips. Also, i can take the pot down when i don't hit as well. These 120 pots are nothing to be sniffed at, but time and time again, 2+2ers are turning their nose up at them.

If you don;t agree with what i say then don't complain that you always have 600 chips by L4, and are forced to push with 97 on the button into the big stacks by level 5. If i haven't hit a monster i'm normally around 800-900 chips l4 at least which really does make a difference to your ROI.

This is just a tiny example of what makes me a cut above.

Class dismissed.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: YOU play too tight and are not fit to tie my laces!

Aside from your ego issues...your example is also pretty bad. K9s is crap, that is not a marginal hand. I tell you right now that calling with K9s here will cost you money in the long run.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone is probably wondering what makes Stanzee so much of a Twat?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 09-29-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These 120 pots are nothing to be sniffed at...

[/ QUOTE ]

Increasing your stack 120 chips should increase your ROI by at least 15%.

Irieguy
Old 09-29-2005, 06:39 PM

Did people actually come up with a math formula for converting extra chips to an increase in ROI? One that was accurate I mean? That thread got out of control so it was too much to read to post in, but I felt that the math that showed a linear relatoinship between increase in chips and increase in ROI was disproven well by Irie's reducto ad absurdum- how much would your ROI increase if you had 200 exta chips to start using this formula etc. etc.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how much would your ROI increase if you had 200 exta chips to start using this formula etc. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

22.5%

Irieguy
Old 09-29-2005, 06:59 PM

Stankzee is still posting?
Old 09-29-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aside from your ego issues...your example is also pretty bad. K9s is crap, that is not a marginal hand. I tell you right now that calling with K9s here will cost you money in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play mainly the tighter day time games. Assuming the players i'm up against are at a reasonable standard this WILL win you more chips then it will lose you. Admittedly you can;t do this in all table conditions, but by l2 you should get an impression on whether this will work. Okay, say one player has called the BB from EP and he is tight weak (like most 2+2ers). You can probably put him on a pocket pair, AQ, maybe AJ, KQ etc. He's gonna fold if he doesnt hit his set and there is overcards and if he doesnt hit at all. If he does hit, you'll soon find out about it. This brings back the importance of studying your opponents.. this is why i am "the special one" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2005, 07:02 PM

hey stanzee, thanks for another giggle. I'm starting to love your posts now. Whenever I need cheering up I just look for your latest post. Your bad advice could also have the side effect of creating more bad players like you, so keep up the good work! $22s...LMAO. You are such a high roller man! I'm sure you'll go quiet after getting your ass handed to you in the $55s and $109s. Boooo!
Old 09-29-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You can probably put him on a pocket pair, AQ, maybe AJ, KQ etc. He's gonna fold if he doesnt hit his set and there is overcards and if he doesnt hit at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmm, yeah. You would be easy to rope-a-dope [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]