Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 09-29-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Can we get a discussion on early level play? 20% ROI at 22s?

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm... post some hands. Not just of the ones where you bust out, but ones where you have premium hands. While one leak could be your losing hands, another could be not extracting enough chips out with your good hands.

20%+ ROI is attainable, as I have 20%+ ROI at the $33s for over 2 years now. Others do too. Post results, and we'll try to discuss for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 Years could be 100 SnG's. How many is this over? I feel like until I see soemone with >20% ROI over 10,000 SnG's I will not think that it is possible. But I am probably just a loser in denial.

I agree with the OP in that I can't figure out what leaks could be responsible for 10$ of ROI. That being said I gave up at the 22's na dmoved to the 33's now I ahve over 1500 played and am at 15% ROI. I am now on a quest to get 20,000 SnGs played over the next 15 months so that I can draw conclusions from my numbers. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm... post some hands. Not just of the ones where you bust out, but ones where you have premium hands. While one leak could be your losing hands, another could be not extracting enough chips out with your good hands.

20%+ ROI is attainable, as I have 20%+ ROI at the $33s for over 2 years now. Others do too. Post results, and we'll try to discuss for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 Years could be 100 SnG's. How many is this over? I feel like until I see soemone with >20% ROI over 10,000 SnG's I will not think that it is possible. But I am probably just a loser in denial.

I agree with the OP in that I can't figure out what leaks could be responsible for 10$ of ROI. That being said I gave up at the 22's na dmoved to the 33's now I ahve over 1500 played and am at 15% ROI. I am now on a quest to get 20,000 SnGs played over the next 15 months so that I can draw conclusions from my numbers. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

good luck playing 20k in 15 months. not that it would be hard to do, it would be hard to not want to hang yourself from boredom. i havent played 20k sngs yet, and there is a reason for that. holla
Old 09-29-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yea I've played 250 of the $20s so far with an ROI of 12%. I really don't see a whole ton of things I could do to make my ROI to up another 8%. Me thinks 20% in the $20s isn't sustainable over thousands of SNGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, if you dont think 20% is doable in the 22s, how do you expect to do anything but ever lose in the 55s on up? 20% in the 22s is for SURE doable. like, not even close.. 4-8 tabling.. i can see 30%ish.. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

How much would you charge for lessons? I honestly am amazed at this, well i was already amazed at you raptor, but I would really like to talk poker with you and would be willing to pay for an hour long phone conversation as you watched me play a few 33's. Is this possible?
Old 09-29-2005, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good luck playing 20k in 15 months. not that it would be hard to do, it would be hard to not want to hang yourself from boredom. i havent played 20k sngs yet, and there is a reason for that. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I was being somewhat sarcastic, but I honestly don;t think I will ever get too bored playing for at least $4/SnG. I spent two years as a cashier at grocry store for $8/hr, THAT was the type of boredem that could lead to suicide. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
HOLLER
Old 09-29-2005, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yea I've played 250 of the $20s so far with an ROI of 12%. I really don't see a whole ton of things I could do to make my ROI to up another 8%. Me thinks 20% in the $20s isn't sustainable over thousands of SNGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, if you dont think 20% is doable in the 22s, how do you expect to do anything but ever lose in the 55s on up? 20% in the 22s is for SURE doable. like, not even close.. 4-8 tabling.. i can see 30%ish.. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

How much would you charge for lessons? I honestly am amazed at this, well i was already amazed at you raptor, but I would really like to talk poker with you and would be willing to pay for an hour long phone conversation as you watched me play a few 33's. Is this possible?

[/ QUOTE ]

ill be honest, its prolly not the best for me to be giving people lessons.. for a number of reasons. i contradict myself a lot in things i do, but for reasons that make perfect sense in my mind, and more than likely, to quite a few others as well.. however some of these concepts, etc, are really hard to explain sometimes. i mean, itd be easy to walk you through early game, basic middle game, and perfect pushbotting, that just takes practice.. but to REALLY improve to a very high lvl and crush the small stakes games takes a whole lotta work, and im not really willing to put in the time for someone else. maybe well figure something out for a game or something.. but as of now my time is really strapped cuz of school stuff, and i like to play on occasion myself. this is a convo for pms though. holla
Old 09-29-2005, 06:47 PM

Raptor has never placed above me in an SNG. I'm proud of that fact [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It seems I only lose to donks...
Old 09-29-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raptor has never placed above me in an SNG. I'm proud of that fact [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It seems I only lose to donks...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, how many have we played together, and are you SURE? cuz i have a lot of sns.. holla
Old 09-29-2005, 06:49 PM

I've now got 1800 $22s at 22% and 500ish $33s at 24%. I also have 11 $55s at like 200% because the $55s are easy and I'm good at winning 30/70s in them.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've now got 1800 $22s at 22% and 500ish $33s at 24%. I also have 11 $55s at like 200% because the $55s are easy and I'm good at winning 30/70s in them.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you make about $8/SnG at the 33's, I would love to play 1k $33's a month for $8,000 + Rakeback. This seems like a dream job that I need to get. LOL
Old 09-29-2005, 07:53 PM

I'm in the same boat as all the other whining $22ers, this thread is good but we still don't have much advice other than that it IS possible. Can we get anything else outta you guys?