Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: A2s in a 10/20 game. flop and turn questions.

[ QUOTE ]
is this whole preflop debate over? I wasn't even looking for comments on that. I think the turn is more interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

its a good raise for value. 9+2+(maybe)3 outs=14= better than 3.5:1 with 4 players there...i like a raise for value.

only argument against it is if villian will bet AGAIN on the river and you can raise there rather than bet when checked to if you hit. or if villian is very likely to 3bet knocking those callers out and getting HU where you now put in 3 bets w/ a draw.

Barron
Old 09-26-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: A2s in a 10/20 game. flop and turn questions.

[ QUOTE ]

its a good raise for value. 9+2+(maybe)3 outs=14= better than 3.5:1 with 4 players there...i like a raise for value.

only argument against it is if villian will bet AGAIN on the river and you can raise there rather than bet when checked to if you hit. or if villian is very likely to 3bet knocking those callers out and getting HU where you now put in 3 bets w/ a draw.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

The villain may bet again on the turn EVEN if you raise -- the bigger concern is him 3-betting and whether that will eliminate customers. If he might AND they will, then I'd rather the call. However, many, once they put in 1 BB and the pot is getting this big, will call the other 2.

A lot of variables all of which lead me to prefer the raise vs. the call, especially since you can be in the situation where he 3-bets, they call, and now you can call and then watch as you hit your river and raise him again...

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com