Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 09-21-2005, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Kinda different AK hand, play-along

Given reads I call the flop with the intent of raising the turn. Player positioning is just too perfect to blow our load here.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:47 AM

Default flop action

Call the flop. You just just as much when you're behind, but make more when you're ahead. Hope he doesnt have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2005, 12:53 AM

cap preflop, 3-bet flop
Old 09-22-2005, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cap preflop, 3-bet flop

[/ QUOTE ]
Same.

Why try to get cute with just TPTK? If SB caps the flop and bets the turn I'd probably slow down.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cap preflop, 3-bet flop

[/ QUOTE ]
Same.

Why try to get cute with just TPTK? If SB caps the flop and bets the turn I'd probably slow down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is just too weak of a play. TPTK vs a LAG? Phhh, get outta here; it's time for maximum chip extraction, not pussy-footin'.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:40 AM

Calls and raises any turn trapping the BB for 2+ BB.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, Hero...?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

She will bet every street until raised after raising preflop,

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't we need to be concerned here. I think there is at least a 50% possibility that this player has AA. You think this player is so bad she can't put you on an Ace by the action so far. Also so bad that by the way she has been playing she now thinks she can push you off any Ax hand.

I'm calling down. I think nothing to gain by pushing her off KK (not that that is possible with this player) and how many outs does BB have against us to worry about him drawing out on us. Let him pad the pot for us.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there is at least a 50% possibility that this player has AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that quite exaggerated? There are only two aces left. It's very unlikely she has AA; AK and AQ is much more likely, and considering she's LAGgy, an even weaker A is also possible, perhaps even as low as A8. 88 is also a possibility, and perhaps a high pocket pair she can't let go.

But no, we do not need to be concerned here generally, it's all about equity and we have nice pot equity here. I'd say call the flop and raise the turn extracting $$$ from mr BB king.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:09 AM

3-bet the flop, BB is trapped.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:19 AM

I think calling the flop and raising the turn is your best choice, trapping bb for two big ones. You don't have to worry much over bb folding a turn raise. If bb was someone who likes to peel most flops but folding the turn, a flop 3-bet would be good.