Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Re: Cracked Aces Bonus - Vary How You Play Aces?

In my opinion, you should play them the correct way. If you let a bunch of people in and get to the turn. You may have to pay 8 big bets to get to showdown (hence, you lose money even with the bonus). Where the bonus effects your play is in deciding to hold onto them or muck them when you think you are beat. You should be willing to go to show down (even if you are convinced you are beat) if you can get there for 5 BBs or less (even 5.5 may be profitable because you may occassionally win when you thought you were beat).
Old 09-20-2005, 11:10 PM

A just as valid question is how often are you going to lose now because an opponent limped AA and called your pair of jacks down hoping you'd crack him :/
Old 09-20-2005, 11:23 PM

At least $1/2 tables means the equity you should get from the pot will almost always be greater than the $10 you get when they're cracked. The only exception would be shorthanded, small pot, and you know an opponent has a draw that will come in a good portion of the time and also that the opponent will not bet but will call indefinitely with his draw.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A just as valid question is how often are you going to lose now because an opponent limped AA and called your pair of jacks down hoping you'd crack him :/

[/ QUOTE ]

I would thank that player from the very soul of my being for saving me at the very least 2 BB, because I probably would have shown down JJ anyway.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would thank that player from the very soul of my being for saving me at the very least 2 BB, because I probably would have shown down JJ anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean limping, say JTo on the button and paying off a J high flop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In my opinion, you should play them the correct way. If you let a bunch of people in and get to the turn. You may have to pay 8 big bets to get to showdown (hence, you lose money even with the bonus). Where the bonus effects your play is in deciding to hold onto them or muck them when you think you are beat. You should be willing to go to show down (even if you are convinced you are beat) if you can get there for 5 BBs or less (even 5.5 may be profitable because you may occassionally win when you thought you were beat).

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this is the correct answer. Play the same as you always would, but always go to showdown. You won't be behind until after the flop, and even if you are, you should be able to make it from the flop to the showdown in 5 BB or less (assuming $1/$2) simply by check calling. Any money bet before the flop is irrelevant. Only at the point you know you are beat should you go into hibernation mode and start counting the 5 BB.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:45 AM

Hijacking:

How tough are the Absolute bonuses to clear?

I'm thinking about taking the plunge but I don't want it to become my second career.

Talk to me people.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:55 AM

It releases every 10 dollars, and is 10x, so if you are having trouble with it, you can give up with something to show for it.

There's usually one Partyish game at 1/2 and 2/4 if you want to try to clear it.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How tough are the Absolute bonuses to clear?

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty tough, but neverending. Seems like they're offering a reload of some kind every few days. I think they might be desperate to keep/bring-in customers.

I hate their software (I got kicked off of tables multiple times for no reason), but I'm probably going to start playing there again. The games are pretty good and I like the bonii.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:10 AM

Absolute bonuses are somewhat slow to clear, but since they don't count against your MGR, make sure you get a good r****ack deal. Your hourly earn from bonus+the unspeakable is pretty good. I tend to clear $10 in bonus every 45 min 3 tabling 1/2 6 max, and $10 every 30 min 3 tabling 2/4 6 max. You can play 3 tables tops. As gharp said, you'll never run out of bonus there. They have something like $200-$400 in reloads every single week, so playing at Absolute could very well be your career. Don't play full ring there, unless you're sitting at a short table beating up on the rocks until it fills up. Play is generally tough at full ring, but there are plenty of donks at the 6 max tables.