Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

View Poll Results: Hotel California is about...
drug addiction 21 38.18%
A house of ill-repute 13 23.64%
CA-life (in the fast lane...the boring answer fwded by Don Henley) 17 30.91%
other - elaborate... 4 7.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2005, 10:20 AM

Default options

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (10 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $30.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (7 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls.

River: (16 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero
Old 09-16-2005, 11:59 AM

Default Re: options

you're beat on this river every time. check call and fold to a checkraise. betting and then folding is nuts. see a showdown for 1 bet or dont see it at all.

Barron
Old 09-16-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're beat on this river every time. check call and fold to a checkraise. betting and then folding is nuts. see a showdown for 1 bet or dont see it at all.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think check calling is bad at all, but if MP is a bad player there are some hands he could have here that we beat. If MP is solid then I think you got it nailed.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:06 PM

Wow. Half the respondants to the poll bet/call? What can MP possibly have?
Old 09-16-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. Half the respondants to the poll bet/call? What can MP possibly have?

[/ QUOTE ]

i totally missed MP being in the pot [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2005, 02:00 PM

I don't know, i guess i've been playing with people that suck too bad lately, check/calling is probably the best play, and by probably i mean is.

However i disagree with decifer when he says "you are beat every time" Although I don't play online 30/60, couldn't he have something like AQs, 8T spades, or even more likely JT of spades? Maybe I just don't know cause I don't know the game, but at 10, 15 and even 20-40 limits this could easily be the case.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know, i guess i've been playing with people that suck too bad lately, check/calling is probably the best play, and by probably i mean is.

However i disagree with decifer when he says "you are beat every time" Although I don't play online 30/60, couldn't he have something like AQs, 8T spades, or even more likely JT of spades? Maybe I just don't know cause I don't know the game, but at 10, 15 and even 20-40 limits this could easily be the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

in my experience at 30/60 on party (120k+hands) ive never seen a bet call line here win the pot.

further, of the hands ive not been in but seen OR been in myself on a board such as seen, if MP calls flop calls 2 cold on the turn after calling once there is no other hand he has here otehr than the flush draw and id lay odds on that. the flush came in, let him bet and see the showdown for 1 bet or dont see it at all. if you bet and are raised you're beat almost surely but need to call due to pot size especially if the OOP guy calls. therefore, check and call, fold if MP bets and OOP guy raises.

the addendum here is that MP3 has not done anything rediculously retarded in the time at the table. clearly the 40+/20+/1+s will have a wider range. assuming the MP3 is not one of them, you're toast.

Barron
Old 09-16-2005, 02:07 PM

I voted for betfold. Betcalling is insane. Checkcalling seems like it has no advantages over betfold at all.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I voted for betfold. Betcalling is insane. Checkcalling seems like it has no advantages over betfold at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

it allows you to save a bet and fold to a c'r w/o costing you a bet

and a bet only earns you money from OOP guy since MP3s hand is virtually perfectly well defined.

further, if MP3 bets a hand you beat you get an effective overcall from OOP guy

Barron
Old 09-16-2005, 05:12 PM

i voted bet/fold, cause thats what id do... if it was a live 30, id prob check/fold, but on the net i cant see putting in zero bets on the end here. i cant see how check/calling can be a good play.