Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 09-15-2005, 02:21 PM

Default QQ

Button Villian is 50/2.5/.6

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero...

Do I make the crying call against this player?
Old 09-15-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: QQ

I think its a fold. With a diff opponent I might call for info but with this guy, playing half his hands, I don't think it would be all that helpful.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:27 PM

I'd fold as his stats are pretty passive.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:30 PM

I say fold.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:32 PM

I would fold to the raise unless he is a complete maniac and you think your QQ might be good. I think you should have check called the river instead of leading into him when he was calling you from the flop. This will save you from a re-raise.

As for the hands that he could have to raise you on the river, I'm guessing he has K8o, AJs or JQs. Just my thought.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should have check called the river instead of leading into him when he was calling you from the flop. This will save you from a re-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will also save you from getting paid off.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:38 PM

I think you should have check called the river instead of leading into him

c/c is no good here. Our opponent is passive so he's likely only betting the river with hands that have us beat, and checking when behind. This means we're not paying off our hands when ahead. c/c works better on more aggressive opponents where we can induce them to bluff with a worse hand, therefore we still pay off our better hand often enough to make it a +ev move.

In this hand I think we can fold to the bet, although it's somewhat marginal. It looks like hit a flush or got "tricky" with a K.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:14 PM

I don't see making the river bet.

A check / call works much better in terms of hands you beat and hand that beat you.

But of course with this kind of opponent, you probably should be folding to this bet. I always find it hard to fold for one on the river in situations like this ...
Old 09-15-2005, 03:25 PM

I suppose Button could have accumulated his postflop stats by habitually calling the whole way and then popping the river . . . [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Anyway, in spots like this, I'm really tempted to call, but a big part of the reason is that I want to see what Button has. But I guess what you're hoping for is a hand like T8 for 3-pair or a "slowplayed" JJ. I doubt Button is intentionally making a play.

Anyway, what he probably has is T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or something. K8 and 88 are two other possibilities.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold as his stats are pretty passive.

[/ QUOTE ]