Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: HUSH Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
i put this out there when i first became moderator. i seem to remember getting plenty of responses demanding to know who i was, why i was on such a power trip, defending free speech etc.

there were a few people who wanted the forum to be exlusively strategy posts but they were far from a majority.

id be much more inclined to get rid of these things if the offenders werent often regular strategy posters, with lots of posts to their credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

This forum gets so much traffic and the LC/NC posts end up getting more attention than the should so the good posts end up falling off the main page. Another thing is that newer posters see the more frequent posters making these posts and that leads the new posters to thinking that they can make such posts too. It'd really be for the best if the egregious ones were locked.

It would probably help you if you had at least a second moderator to remove the burden of blame and everything else off of your shoulders and you guys could discuss questionable decisions.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:23 PM

i dont mind the burden of blame and id be more than happy to lock every post without strategy content that pops up. but there was no consensus that that should be done when i started moderating. there was a long thread about it. (see arkady's post in this thread already.)

if you want to post a thread outlining posting guidelines and see what kind of response you get id be happy to reconsider my position. this thread appears headed in that direction anyway.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about a HUSH lounge? I don't ever really feel like talking to the people in OOT since I don't know any of them. I usually just refrain from socializing on 2+2 period. It would be fun to talk about random crap with HUSHers.

I wonder if a subforum like that would last? It would be a good place for downswing whines, trifectas, teh sexies, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree with you, this would be great. but ive been trying to get them to open a second HUSH forum for lower stakes hands for months, and that hasnt happened yet.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:58 PM

I'm generally not one to disagree with rory about anything other than blind defense, but this seems a little silly. I don't see LC threads taking over the board. There's only one on the front page now (and my front page is 20+ threads) . . . it may become a problem eventually, but I don't think it's a problem at the moment.

I'd rather see an admonition to make LC posts interesting [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. That is, a smattering of LC posts is fine by me, as long as they aren't all of the "Wow, 6max is swingy!" variety.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:00 PM

I might as well add my two cents.

I came to HUSH relatively late but have been active (overactive perhaps) in the last few months. It appears that HUSH has suffered from its own success.

On the good side, HUSH seems to have become a relatively tight-knit community. I know that I am much more interested in hearing opinions from people here, than I am from the general forum, even on matters that don't strictly pertain to HUSH. And I think that's why there are the occasional attempts at humorous or low-content posts in HUSH, rather than in off-topic areas.

Frankly, I think an ideal situation - but presumably impractical - would be to divide HUSH up in SEVERAL respects, including by stakes, table size (i.e., heads-up versus six-max), general theory, stats posts, rant/rave, etc. In other words, I personally wish HUSH had its own free-standing forum, or at least an area that could practically be divided in so many ways without being cumbersome.

But I realize that this will never happen for numerous reasons. So in the meantime, I will make my own effort to stick to purely substantive strategy posts.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:08 PM

I'd be happy to see most threads with the "NC" in the title locked - stuff about how swingy 6max is, bad beats, etc.

However, pokerbob's NC post about coming out of his quite long downswing I was happy to see - I've been pulling for the guy and I'm happy he's out of the woods (we hope!). But he's a regular and it's actually ineresting to me to see someone with similar struggles succeeding.

I trust your judgement Robk. I wouldn't be offended if bob's post got locked, I got to see it, that was what it was for. If it means the end of "can I be a winner after losing 3bb/100 in 850 hands" and "wow 6-max is swingy!" posts it is a small price to pay IMO.

Surf
Old 09-12-2005, 03:09 PM

Perhaps there can be one thread, like the 6-max graph thread, where people can post that kind of stuff, and all others will be locked?
Old 09-12-2005, 03:11 PM

people could start actually hanging out/chatting in the HUSH irc channel. that'd be fun =)~
Old 09-12-2005, 03:16 PM

Rory do you need a hug? (LC)
Old 09-12-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people could start actually hanging out/chatting in the HUSH irc channel. that'd be fun =)~

[/ QUOTE ]

Such a channel really exists? Does anyone use it at all?