Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 09-06-2005, 06:25 PM

Default AA played horrible?

2nd or 3rd orbit of low buy-in on pokerroom. 750 people blinds 10/20. I am in MP pick up A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I still have basically my starting stack (1460 roughly). Bad Guy in EP has same stack, raise to 250. fold, fold. I reraise to 500 (pot 780) folds around to Bad Guy who calls

flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Bad guy checks, I bet 300, he calls.

7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on turn

he bets 400, I call

river 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

he pushes, I call
wadda think. fold to his turn bet? push?, help, please
Old 09-06-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Re: AA played horrible?

I push the turn. Calling just seems horrible there.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:29 PM

reraise to 650 pf. and then push flop. i would also reraise allin on turn
Old 09-06-2005, 06:45 PM

Hey, AA wins 5/6 of hands against any two, but it doesn't win them all. If he had KK, 99 or 77, it just wasn't your lucky day. Not much you can do about it. The pot is big enough preflop that you're probably going to put all your chips to work at some point unless the flop clearly hollers DANGER, DANGER!! (i.e. 9hThJh.) That's not the case here. The flop looks favorable, and if you're suddenly going to play weak/tight, you'll be letting go of winning hands all night long.

I might push the flop, letting him abandon the hand and keep 2/3 of his stack, but reducing the chance that he'll linger for a draw that could bust me out. This early in the tournament T2000 and T3000 both let me slap around weaker players. T0 doesn't.

If he turned over K2, put him on your buddy list and look for a way to play lots more poker against him. It shouldn't take too long before he's paying for your vacations, car, girlfriend, etc.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2nd or 3rd orbit of low buy-in on pokerroom. 750 people blinds 10/20. I am in MP pick up A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I still have basically my starting stack (1460 roughly). Bad Guy in EP has same stack, raise to 250. fold, fold. I reraise to 500 (pot 780) folds around to Bad Guy who calls

flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Bad guy checks, I bet 300, he calls.

7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on turn

he bets 400, I call

river 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

he pushes, I call
wadda think. fold to his turn bet? push?, help, please

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's an idea, read more posts before you post. Here's another idea, give us some idea about the other player and how you've been playing, and the action other than that guy's raise. Why is he raising 10 times the BB?

Here's another idea, don't raise the minimum preflop. Definatly should have made it 700 or more to go. On the flop, you bet less than 1/3 the pot. You should probably be betting 2/3 the pot on this flop, which is 700, but you only have 1000 left after the PF action, so it's an easy push. After that everything is messed up b/c you gave him odds to suckout on you, which he obviously did because you're posting this thread.