Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 10:59 PM

Default WCOOP Stud event

Is anyone planning on playing in this event?

This post is really an excuse to be self-congratulatory for winnings the 500 FPP satellite I just played. Well, "winning" is being one of the top 8 to get a seat... but I ran over my last table (we were playing short-handed, 5 on each table), finishing in first chip position with around 25% of the chips in play.

Anyways, I'm hoping to see some of you 2+2'ers in the tournament. I'm totally new to tournament stud... I tried to adjust as I thought best to the changing ante/BI structures as the tournament progressed. I made a few mistakes and was lucky to win one crucial pot where I would have otherwise been done for.

Ok, enough rambling--anyone else playing the event?
Old 09-03-2005, 11:02 PM

Default Re: WCOOP Stud event

Nice job!

When and how much?
Old 09-03-2005, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice job!

When and how much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. The amount I won was less than you contest in a regular $20/$40 pot, but this was still really fun.

It's Monday, September 12th on PokerStars. Buy-in is $300+$20, and it's a "$150,000 guaranteed" prize pool. Right now there are around 150 people registered... not sure whether to expect that the 500 mark will be passed or not.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:25 AM

I got in through a satellite. Good luck to you.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:34 AM

I played in a few of the 80 FPP satellites for Stud/8. I think in each one I've gotten crippled or eliminated by someone who either doesn't know how to play (literally) or a guy who sees 4th street 100% of the time and gets hit in the face with the deck. (grumble)
Old 09-04-2005, 03:15 AM

I suck at stud but I might give it a shot. Consider yourself fortunate if I'm at your table.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I played in a few of the 80 FPP satellites for Stud/8. I think in each one I've gotten crippled or eliminated by someone who either doesn't know how to play (literally) or a guy who sees 4th street 100% of the time and gets hit in the face with the deck. (grumble)

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried a couple of the 80 FPP satellites for stud hi and had a similar experience. It was like being at a play money table at some points. I decided to just buy into the 500 FPP event, and I'm glad I did. Most of the competition was semi-competent, but still soft enough to beat.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:22 AM

i'll probably buy into the hi/lo event directly, and only play the hi event if i win a satellite.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:52 PM

I won the 50FPP and then came in @#$%ing 10th in the 500FPP. DOnt know if I will get a chance to try again, but good luck. I dont think i will be wasting $320 on it since I seem to bubble out of every tourney I play in as of late.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:16 AM

I played in the $22R satellite for stud H/L last night. The structure was very odd, with stakes rising every 5 minutes, and unlimited rebuys until the 1st break. If you decide to try that format, be prepared for rebuying; otherwise, don't bother.