Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Bubble decision in a satellite

Wow, did you just intentionally ignore the specific and important extenuating circumstances on purpose? LOL. Of course he pushes, or re-raises if it's a normal, typical tournament structure but in a satellite in this situation it's clearly incorrect.

I would call and try to flop a set then fold when i missed and continue to wait out the shorties. Only reason i would call is because all it takes is the short stacks to get lucky a couple times and the blinds to come through you a couple until you're the short stack, and flopping a set and doubling through here would ensure a seat; folding doesn't ensure it. But it's obviously between fold or call.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:05 PM

So you call, and flop a set. You seem awfully confident of doubling up. Fact is, you may flop a set and get no action whatsoever, and more importantly, if you do get action it may be against a flush or straight draw where you really wish you weren't gambling all your chips. Hoping that your opponent will double you up while drawing dead is a bit too optimistic. I don't think you can justify calling for set value here.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:31 PM

LMAO!!

... but can you elaborate? You mean it was another satellite just like that one?

Kirk
Old 09-05-2005, 08:54 PM

This is a clear fold.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a clear fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly and I can't believe people are actually taking this into discussion.

It really isn't even close seeing as how 2 people have less than 3BB and you just need for one of them to bust out. And even if those two double, they have 5-8bb but you still have 3 other people with less chips than you.

This turns into a discussion if say, only 22 people were paid and 25 were left.

Then I would say to push. Calling is horrible, no matter how you look at it because people with TPTK on the flop are not getting away from their hand, and people are not calling an all-in preflop with anything less than QQ+/AK.