Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 08:57 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)
Default Re: 72s

you have a nice bluff card come. you have a dbb straight draw if you are called. but 1 BB into 1.5 BB pot i cannot fathom it being profitable unless you are fairly certain they will fold enough times in similar scenarios to show an immediate profit. against unknowns you cannot do this profitably without just being lucky. i am not saying i don't bluff into small pots that clearly do not justify it pot odds-wise, but that is because of the extra folding equity i am aware i have against KNOWN opponents that fold like they should.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
these little ppots add up.

[/ QUOTE ]

So do wasted big bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

F'in nit.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if the turn wasnt a heart, id bet my gutshot.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is exactly WHY I bet. (and BTW - it was an OESD)

<ul type="square">[*]MP3 doesn't like his hand enough to either (a) raise out of his LP post PF or (b) bet when checked to on the flop against the blinds on a low-card, 2-suited flop
[*]SB doesn't like his hand enough to lead out after the flop gets checked through and the 3rd heart falls.
[*]While the size of the pot is possibly too small to warrant taking a shot to pick it up - this same priniciple applies to my two opponents who, by their display of passivity, apparantly have caught no part of the flop. They are going to fold a lot of hands on the turn that "they" don't feel are worth a BB to draw to - when in fact they are actually ahead.[/list]I thought that the turn card was quite possibly the best card in the deck for me. It makes the board look twice as scary to my opponents (putting straight and flush possibilities out there) as well as adds outs to my hand in case I do get a caller(s). I know that the pot size was small but, with the added fact that I'm certainly folding out better hands does that add some value to the play?
Old 08-24-2005, 11:29 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

i just don't like it against unknowns. if i had even only 20-30 hands on them to give me an idea of their calling habits/standards, okay. btw, the heart is what would make this a profitable bluffing opportunity. you could bet with any two cards here and win a majority of the time against the right people with that turn card. the straight draw is just a bonus if called.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:32 AM

What's the plan if raised?
Old 08-24-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Fold.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
If raised, there'd be 4.5 BB in the pot, and you have a OESD. You can prolly get another bet if you hit. Is the likelihood of a flush high enough to warrant this fold?
Old 08-24-2005, 11:49 AM

OP is not betting b/c he thinks he has the best hand here.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:49 AM

If anyone has a heart they'll probably call. No point going after this one.

-SmileyEH
Old 08-24-2005, 11:51 AM

I personally don't like it. Too good of a chance that LP will call with a big heart or SB with a little pair. I think you'd have to do this against players that you have a read as non-calling stations.