Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Did the HIGHVOLUME thread from the gamingclub get deleted?

[ QUOTE ]
First off, if it was appropriate for the bonus forum, it should have been posted there, and it would have been left to Jek to decide.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is where you new shiny sponsored forum hurts the users. Jek of course feels he pays for his forum and will delete stuff he doesn't make money off.

Basically a catch 22 where moderating and greed hurts the users of this site.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

A code at Party as you describe is for an affiliate, whilst this code is not

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. valid point.

fwiw - i didnt think your thread needed to be deleted. just trying to find the logic and justification behind it.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:59 AM

The deleted thread would always be deleted if I came across it. It's only chance of survival is in the bonus forum, where I don't make the decisions.

Continuing to gripe about this simply draws to my attention, what I consider to be spam. The banners pay for this site. They have a right to object to free advertising, even if said advertising is beneficial to the players.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The deleted thread would always be deleted if I came across it. It's only chance of survival is in the bonus forum, where I don't make the decisions.

Continuing to gripe about this simply draws to my attention, what I consider to be spam. The banners pay for this site. They have a right to object to free advertising, even if said advertising is beneficial to the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying that discussions where pokerrooms try to figure out ways of rewarding high volume play have no place on 2+2?

I think discussions of this kind is of huge interest to the posters here. Sure, it may not make 2+2 a buck but seriously who cares? I think 2+2 should be more concerned with having this be a place for vital poker discussions and not focus on turning it into a banner farm.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:09 PM

Your reasons are understandable, Mat. But could it be possible to make a system in which an ad could have an official discussion thread in which the advertizer could answer questions?
Old 08-23-2005, 12:11 PM

You can discuss things all you like. When an employee of a commercial site begins a thread pushing that site, it is considered advertising and deleted.

In other words, you, instead of whining could start a thread saying, "hey, what's going on with site xyz and it's player incentive plan?"
In that case it would not be a site coming on to advertise, it would be a poster, with no commercial interest in the site, having a question and/ or opinion.

Is this not obvious to people? It most certainly was when I was the sole mod here. If there has been a new influx of people, really not aware of this, I hope they are now.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:14 PM

Any commercial entity, whether they advertise with us or not, is free to answer any and all questions. We just don't want them starting threads, pushing their company. Our advertisers know this;. The Gaming Club knows this, and I'm pretty aure that the banana did too.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:15 PM

mat is clearly right on this.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When an employee of a commercial site begins a thread pushing that site

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think that after a while it may be hard to determine the "employees of commercial sites" from "casual posters".

In case any sites are interested, I am more than willing to fulfill the "casual poster" role.... For a nominal fee of course. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2005, 12:43 PM

What if I came accross the promotion and posted it? I don't work for the site. FWIW, I am not even participating and never played TGC.

I think we are getting into technicalities here.

Mat- I don't envy your job at all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] 99% of the time you make the right call, but like umpires when we think you get it wrong.. well you know