Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 08-19-2005, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Tighty coming in

[ QUOTE ]
It sounds like he has an over pair to me. I bet he figured you for an Ace at least and just called his KK, QQ or even TT and 99. Definitely reraise in this situation to prevent a suckout and even if you do get called or reraised, I think you're ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you want to prevent a suckout of 2 out ?
Old 08-19-2005, 11:02 PM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
call the flop and let him bet again on the turn. if he's on air he's not going to call a push, but he may fire again on the turn. if he does, call/push; if he checks, then bet half his stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's moot at this point. Either the money's going in or it ain't. If he's got a Jack or better, then it's going in and if not, he's probably done with the hand. I think I'm pretty darn committed to my hand. So, I took the guess work out of it and moved in.

He called and showed 9s full.

So I can't get accused of starting a bad beat post I tell the following story. As this hand was happening I picked up KK in the SB on another table. It was a limpfest to me and I made it like $8. I really didn't feel like playing the hand OOP after getting stacked on the other table. Well, all fold back to the button who makes it $25 straight. Well, I mull for a sec and think that if he's playing 'second hand low' well more power to him. I move in and he calls. The flop comes K Q X. The turn bricks and the river's a Q. I'm glad because I 'know' I won or he would have quad Queens.

He had quad queens. And yet, I still love poker. Very, very much. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]