Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 11:36 PM

Default Re: Weight Loss Challenge

I started down the road to becoming less of a fatass a couple of weeks ago. I'm 5'9"/180, which means that I'm carrying around a good sized spare tire.

All I'm doing as far as eating concerned is making sure that I'm consuming fewer calories than I would need to in order to maintain my current weight each day and that those calories are coming from healthy meals that contain the appropriate ratio of protien, carbs, and fat.

As far as exercise goes, I'm lifting Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Cardio is done 6 or 7 days a week. I'm mainly concerned with fat loss right now, but I'll start working on figuring out how to add mass in the form of muscle once I've gotten rid of the body fat that I don't want hanging around.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:01 AM

I'm in -

I'm at 215 (6'3") - would like to get back to 180, so 35 pounds for me, I guess...

RB
Old 08-19-2005, 01:05 AM

Wow...I'm 6' and 245 and I can't imagine being 215 much less 180. I think I'd look studly (more studly?) if I dropped even 15 pounds.

I'm not in this.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:53 AM

I'm in.

19 years old, 5'6 tall and weigh 150.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:56 AM

all my weight looks like it's centered in the gut and face - no nice big arms to at least look muscular -

I'd like to get back down a bit -

RB
Old 08-19-2005, 02:05 AM

I'd definitely like to get in on this. I'm 6'2" and weigh 265. Been big all my life, but this is just a little too big.

OK -- more than a little. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2005, 02:10 AM

Interested
Old 08-19-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I started down the road to becoming less of a fatass a couple of weeks ago. I'm 5'9"/180, which means that I'm carrying around a good sized spare tire.

All I'm doing as far as eating concerned is making sure that I'm consuming fewer calories than I would need to in order to maintain my current weight each day and that those calories are coming from healthy meals that contain the appropriate ratio of protien, carbs, and fat.

As far as exercise goes, I'm lifting Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Cardio is done 6 or 7 days a week. I'm mainly concerned with fat loss right now, but I'll start working on figuring out how to add mass in the form of muscle once I've gotten rid of the body fat that I don't want hanging around.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like you are off to a good start. I am currently 5"6" and weigh.....yikes 245.5 (yesterday). I think I will make Thursdays my weigh in day, hence if I slip on the weekends, it'll give me a few days to counter it. My ultimate goal is to lose 75lbs. My new "First Week" goal is 4lbs (since initially you lose more water) and then I'll aim for the standard 2lbs a week.

My immediate goal is just to get through the weekend without sliding back. I currently exercise and take about 10 dance classes a week (hip hop and jazz funk). I need to find time to incorporate weights and "gym cardio". I'll work on this next week. Hopefully this will be my LAST time "turning over a new leaf" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like you are off to a good start. I am currently 5"6" and weigh.....yikes 245.5 (yesterday). I think I will make Thursdays my weigh in day, hence if I slip on the weekends, it'll give me a few days to counter it. My ultimate goal is to lose 75lbs. My new "First Week" goal is 4lbs (since initially you lose more water) and then I'll aim for the standard 2lbs a week.

My immediate goal is just to get through the weekend without sliding back. I currently exercise and take about 10 dance classes a week (hip hop and jazz funk). I need to find time to incorporate weights and "gym cardio". I'll work on this next week. Hopefully this will be my LAST time "turning over a new leaf" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck everyone. Here we go ...
Old 08-20-2005, 02:09 AM

Coincidently, I was planning on getting back into shape about a day before I saw this thread. I spent the summer interning in an office setting and living at home. Two things that are not conducive to me being in shape. I wiegh about the same as I did at the beginning of the summer, but converted a lot of muscle to pudgier tissue.

6'0" and 180 currently. I don't really have a specific weight goal, just to lose the spare tire I've developed.

Is this going to be like the "Pump you up" thread in which we update weekly? It ought to be.

-Craig