Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 01:46 PM

Default A3o blind steal

Villain is a TAG.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

I'm thinking there's too much of a chance he's semi-bluffing a draw on this board so I'm looking to call him down. However, would either of these cards convince you to fold...
1.) 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?
2.) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?
Old 08-16-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: A3o blind steal

I'd be more inlined to fold the 10 spades than the 2 clubs, simply because it makes it likely that he has a piece of the board now. Assuming his steal range to be something aound all PPs and any two cards higher than 9, once the ten hits there isn't much left that you are ahead of. As for the 2 clubs, can you really put him eactly on a flush draw in this situation? If I had made my mind up to call down, this would probably not alter my decision. A lot of hands check raise this flop, and if you decided this was the time to look him up, the flush card would bother me less that some others.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of hands check raise this flop, and if you decided this was the time to look him up, the flush card would bother me less that some others.

[/ QUOTE ]
One of the hands I believe he'd check raise the flop with is a flush draw. I have to take the flush hitting into account, IMO.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A lot of hands check raise this flop, and if you decided this was the time to look him up, the flush card would bother me less that some others.

[/ QUOTE ]
One of the hands I believe he'd check raise the flop with is a flush draw. I have to take the flush hitting into account, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, I thought about this some more, and I think you're right. On reflection this is probably not a great board to get stubborn with A high. Even if the turn is a brick (and niether of the cards you suggested are this), there are lots of cards we don't want to see on the river. I have trouble giving anyone credit for a hand in these situations, but maybe it is best to give this one up and pick a better spot.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:40 PM

i got yelled at for 3betting this against a raise on the button [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I just muck this now. It's too hard to play if there is no A on the flop.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seems weak, esp when its a SB raise so you have position.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seems weak, esp when its a SB raise so you have position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, right. Sorry. I didn't even mean muck, I meant call. I thought it was a button raise too.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:01 PM

I might just check through the flop sometimes.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:53 PM

I usually just fold the flop. If you're looking to showdown though, raising the turn is far better than just calling down.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:01 PM

I've been trying to improve my blind play lately. I used to almost always 3-bet any A against a button or SB steal bet HU. I now almost always just call with less an A9 or less &amp; raise almost every flop.