Old 08-19-2005, 10:24 PM

Default Re: Bellhorn.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who?

[/ QUOTE ]

that guy who hit home runs in game 6 and 7 of last years LCS, and was one of the best offensive 2B in all of baseball in 04.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who?

[/ QUOTE ]

that guy who hit home runs in game 6 and 7 of last years LCS, and was one of the best offensive 2B in all of baseball in 04.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's Franconalike thinking. He stayed with the guy too long this year(thank god he got hurt) as he has stayed too long with Millar.

He was marginal at best last year and downright awful this year.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:37 PM

He was marginal at best last year

LMAO!

Compared to who? Manny? The guy had a TERRIFIC season last year (for a 2B)

Also, I am not saying he shouldn't be DFA'd, so its not Francona like thinking. You acted like the guy was Izzy Alcantara. I for one, will never forget any of the 25, especially one who playd an intricate roll the entire season.

Of course he should be DFA'd. Doesnt mean hes Jose Cruz Jr.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's Franconalike thinking. He stayed with the guy too long this year(thank god he got hurt) as he has stayed too long with Millar.

He was marginal at best last year and downright awful this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take it easy on you because you're an old person and probably have only a rudimentary understanding of baseball statistics, but Mark Bellhorn had an 817 OPS last year which is awesome for a 2B. He had a .373 OBP and a .444 SLG. He also had 17 homers, drove in 82 runs, and had 37 doubles. And that's not even counting his defense at second. It's pretty sad that a Sox fan didn't know that.

And for comparison purposes, Soriano had an 807 OPS last year.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:48 PM

Old person, ty I needed a laugh today.

You and Sublime can trot out whatever stats you want to try and build this guy up, but last year he was a marginal player and not good enough to be an every day player which is what Francona tried to make him into this year.

I too am thankful to all who contributed last year but this is this year and we're right in the thick of it. Also I notice that neither of you commented on my Millar comment.

Why is this guy still in the line up? Defies logic.

Edit: Comparing his OPS with Soriano's just illustrates how stats don't tell the story. they have similar OPS stats but are light years apart as players.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:00 PM

You and Sublime can trot out whatever stats you want to try and build this guy up, but last year he was a marginal player and not good enough to be an every day playe

WOW! Whatever stats you want? Like OBP and SLG? these arent complicated stats by any stretch of the imagination, and they show that he was a TOP NOTCH 2b last year. You are WAY off on that one. he also had 523 AB's so he was a full time player WHILE he put up these stats.

Again. Bellhorn SHOULD have been DFA. I am not arguing that. Your claim that he was a marginal player last year is ludacris.

Millar being in the lineup is baffling. He should be DFA also. Whats the point? Are you going to tell me now that he also sucked the last two years?
Old 08-20-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he was a TOP NOTCH 2b last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. You can't convince me of that. Sorry won't happen. I like you Sublime, you're a great Red Sox fan but you sound like a homer if you call Bellhorn TOP NOTCH.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Millar being in the lineup is baffling. He should be DFA also. Whats the point? Are you going to tell me now that he also sucked the last two years?

[/ QUOTE ]

No he sucked one of the last two years. Half a year in 2003 he sucked and half a year in 2004 he sucked and this year he just plain sucked all year.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:43 PM

Toro, I'm not a Sox fan, I have no reason to build Bellhorn up. I'm just stating facts- and the facts show that Bellhorn was a very good 2B last year, arguably the best 2B in the AL last year.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:43 PM

I agree on Millar. If they still have Olerud they should start him instead of Millar.