Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Underfull faces a huge river bet

Party 5/10 5-handed. Villain is "battling" (his words) with the player to my right. I'm staying out of their way and playing very straightforwardly. I open with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button with 1300 behind. Villain calls in BB with me covered. He's kind of dumb LAG. Maybe he's on tilt; I don't know. I haven't really been paying attention to this table.

Enough story. Flop T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] with 85 in the pot.

Villain checks, I bet 65, he calls.

Turn 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] with 215 in the pot.

Villain checks, I bet 160, he calls.

River 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] with 535 in the pot.

Villain pushes. I have about 1000 left.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Underfull faces a huge river bet

[ QUOTE ]
He's kind of dumb LAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh...call?
Old 08-06-2005, 05:42 PM

Since you're posting it your probably called and lost to T's full. Sucks, but that's poker.

I call before his bet even gets into the middle.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:57 PM

I take offense to DUMB lag as I was the villain. With my image and how I was playing at the time I liked that move
Old 08-06-2005, 07:00 PM

My read is mostly based on PT numbers. Like I said, I wasn't paying a lot of attention.

I'm much more concerned about T4/64/42 than TT or 66.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:01 PM

whoa. you raised 22 on the button, find yourself in this situation and even have the time to BLINK before calling???

given how the hand played out he can easily have an overpair, who knows his 35 even got there and he sure as [censored] don't put you on 22... point being he could have a million hands and like 3 or 4 of those beat you, CALL!
Old 08-06-2005, 08:06 PM

ppl are going to say this is an instacall,but thaqts not true. its almost 100% gauranteed this guy is hoping for a call... ive never seen someone remotely sane play a hand like this and be bluffing. the quetion does he have trips or is he full? he could also have AA/maybeKK. id prob go ahead and pay this off here, but im not loving it and i def would not call fast.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ppl are going to say this is an instacall,but thaqts not true. its almost 100% gauranteed this guy is hoping for a call... ive never seen someone remotely sane play a hand like this and be bluffing. the quetion does he have trips or is he full? he could also have AA/maybeKK. id prob go ahead and pay this off here, but im not loving it and i def would not call fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

he could be bluffing with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I admit it is a stretch, but that's a hand a sane person could potentially take this line with which is a bluff.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he could be bluffing with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I admit it is a stretch, but that's a hand a sane person could potentially take this line with which is a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]let me preface. when i raise w/ 22 and flop comes T42r and i only have 150 bets (less?), i am almost always going all in.
i honestly cant decide if i would actually lay down on the river in this actual hand, but i def think you must strongly consider it. check/call, check/call, overbet allin is what ppl do with quads. this guy prob had 44/TT. i think he played it awful, but good... noe there is some chance in hell we can get away from this hand since the pot is not that huge.
note that i did not say he couldnt check/call twice without a big hand... of course he could, duh. im saying 2x pot bet on the river from a weak player is the nuts or the perceived nuts almost 100% of the time.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:57 AM

I get weirded out by big overbets. Maybe I should play PL instead, since I guess this is a simple call. Is this still an easy call with AA?