Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 12:01 AM

Default Re: I Still Can\'t Do It : 77 UTG

[ QUOTE ]
This thread desperately needs a link to the OOT thread "McGot".

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Consider it done.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This thread desperately needs a link to the OOT thread "McGot".

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Consider it done.

[/ QUOTE ]

roflmao - the guy who represented Ronald McDonald nationally is 'family'. He's gonna hate this pic...
Old 08-06-2005, 02:50 AM

<<The answer is simple: in this case the decision actually IS close. And you could be making a very big mistake if your read is off.>>

SSH, and other 2+2-related spots, espouse the "dont make a mistake that costs you the pot" theory. After all, losing 10BB is way worse than losing 1 BB, right?

Tilt considerations aside (and nothing ought to tilt you anyway, right?), I think this gets confused sometimes. Looking at it as a completely lost pot is generally results-oriented thinking. If your opponents range of hands gives you a 5% chance to win and the breakeven point is to call with a 4.5% chance, well, even if you folded the eventual winner, it's incorrect to say the mistake cost you the entire thereotical pot. And I definitely understand OP saying he's not happy just avoiding big and medium mistakes, especially if he is dead certain about a read.

Not exactly a direct response to the quote there... but it's what I thought of when I read it.

Other thought- even with a whole crowd calling, I still don't feel like I can discount AA/KK to completely impossible. Isn't the possibility the check-raiser has the other two sevens non-zero? And what about the 1/10000 chance that he just snapped and allowed himself to fantasize about a bluff to end all bluffs? There seem to be so many tiny factors that push this closer and closer to break even, or put another way, inconsequencial.

2nd
(Yes, they're somewhat random thoughts. please forgive me)
Old 08-06-2005, 07:36 AM

"I know I know how to play this game"

"I [censored] hate myself for being so [censored] weak-minded and not being able to take the action that I know is best"

Hi GoT,

I've done the math on this and the way it works out is that your game can never be stronger than your mind. Strengthen your mind and your game will follow.

Tommy
Old 08-06-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I'm waiting for my 10/20 or 8/16 game I watch the 80/160 games. It's usually pretty tight with the exception of one or two fish, from the times ive watched it. (which hasn't been often)

What does GoT look like?

[/ QUOTE ]

if i told you, you would go "oh, wow, that is sure helpful advice for finding someone in bay101."

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying he's the asian dude?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. The young asian dude. Let me know how finding him goes.