Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Re: An open letter to the forum

i miss your old av. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Adanthar took his bar exam, ChrisV is in a lot of pain and hopefully won't LOSE his leg, iMsoLucky0 has a freakin tumor

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda puts it in perspective, doesn't it? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I figure I can make one or two crappy threads for every really good one. In the long run, they even out.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:41 PM

what makes you so high and mighty to look down upon anyone who makes a post that is "old news" to you?

if someone took the time to make as many keystrokes as it takes to type out a "n00b post", then they clearly have a honest question they want an answer to. You and I may know how the seach function works, and *whos* posts we should pull out of memory/history to get the answer, but the person with a 2 digit post count may not know these things.

I dont like your attitude. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Its not your forum to make rules for. You dont have to answer a post you are too good for, but you needent bitch about them either. You think you ever asked some n00b stuff when you were starting out? I think you have. I did. Did you get a meaningful response from some pooh-bah that obviously has answered the same question 5 times before? I did. Did you appreciate him taking the time to answer your question? I did. I suspect you also appreciated it at the time, but have forgotten, and are not willing to reiprocate now, as you have learned what you needed to learn.

BL' [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2005, 07:47 PM

I linked to your image. Still stretched. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2005, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what makes you so high and mighty to look down upon anyone who makes a post that is "old news" to you?

if someone took the time to make as many keystrokes as it takes to type out a "n00b post", then they clearly have a honest question they want an answer to. You and I may know how the seach function works, and *whos* posts we should pull out of memory/history to get the answer, but the person with a 2 digit post count may not know these things.

Its not your forum to make rules for. You dont have to answer a post you are too good for, but you needent bitch about them either. You think you ever asked some n00b stuff when you were starting out? I think you have. I did. Did you get a meaningful response from some pooh-bah that obviously has answered the same question 5 times before? I did. Did you appreciate him taking the time to answer your question? I did. I suspect you also appreciated it at the time, but have forgotten, and are not willing to reiprocate now, as you have learned what you needed to learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

wanna cookie? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Adanthar took his bar exam, ChrisV is in a lot of pain and hopefully won't LOSE his leg, iMsoLucky0 has a freakin tumor

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda puts it in perspective, doesn't it? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I figure I can make one or two crappy threads for every really good one. In the long run, they even out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you can and I think you should. FWIW, I can't wait for the "I passed the f'ing Bar Exam" post!!.

GL

GTR
Old 07-29-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was waiting for this one. I just didn't know who it would come from. I am not bitching, I am asking. I have never flamed anyone. I have answered every question where I thought I could provide insight. When I first posted you usually got flamed on your first post for not knowing anything and things have certainly mellowed.

Look, I am not knocking anyone for posting interesting questions, ways to play hands, anything. I encourage it and love the new blood in here. All I am asking is that we remember why there are multiple forums on this site, that there is a huge archives with great information and that there is a sticky thread to help people with the most common questions.

I don't think pointing this out is a bad attitude or being high and mighty. Actaully I think it is the other way around. Just because it is easy to type some words on a web site its easy to be tough, pointed, etc. I treat this place like I am in a room with my friends, face to face, which is why I was very calm, polite and sincere in my letter - not over the top, grumpy and bitchy. I have not asked for any new rules, I am not trying to set any rules, that is why it was a letter, not a bitchy demand that things change.

All I am asking is that people help keep this place the place that everyone likes to come and post, that is all. If you are offended by that I can't help it - but I'd appreciate that you refrain from calling me high and mighty. I am a very humble person and have nothing but gratitude to this forum - I just don't want to see it deteriorate. It's my point of view, which I'm entitled to as much as you are yours.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:52 PM

I love the fact that this thread has turned into an avatar debate! Sheesh.

and for my money. Yugo's best avatar was the unshaven drunkard look.

SAM
Old 07-29-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno. We're dealing with some heavy sh.it here. Adanthar took his bar exam, ChrisV is in a lot of pain and hopefully won't LOSE his leg, iMsoLucky0 has a freakin tumor, Bigwig has a problem with increasing 4th place finishes, 11t may be coming back from a horrible downswing, raptor is losing but not telling us, Zen had a baby, Scuba can't figure out if his hand stats mean anything and Irie won a big tourney this week. Oh yeah, and curtains is lazy. I'm glad all of the above posts were made. I find them interesting - heartfelt - and often inspiring.

Let me ask you this -

Should I fold AA preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm changing careers! You can go ahead and add that in there if you'd like. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2005, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dunno. We're dealing with some heavy sh.it here. Adanthar took his bar exam, ChrisV is in a lot of pain and hopefully won't LOSE his leg, iMsoLucky0 has a freakin tumor, Bigwig has a problem with increasing 4th place finishes, 11t may be coming back from a horrible downswing, raptor is losing but not telling us, Zen had a baby, Scuba can't figure out if his hand stats mean anything and Irie won a big tourney this week. Oh yeah, and curtains is lazy. I'm glad all of the above posts were made. I find them interesting - heartfelt - and often inspiring.

Let me ask you this -

Should I fold AA preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm changing careers! You can go ahead and add that in there if you'd like. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bout time. Selling cars is -EV IMO. Just look at my avatar. lol