Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Hangin with Kristy Gazes

[ QUOTE ]
I think the chances of her playing an overpair like this preflop and on the flop are approximately 0.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right.

I totally crapped the bed on this one.

I think I was putting monsters under the bed with her min/raise flat call PF, then another flat call on the flop.

I would generally expect most hands, including most draws, to raise the flop except a monster.

Good post.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 08-09-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Hangin with Kristy Gazes

Thanks for this thread. I really enjoyed everyone's analysis and learned a ton.

That being said, I would have folded this hand when it was raised and reraised. 22 UTG is not a hand that you can be playing in raised pot and expect to do well over time.

I definitely would have checked this flop, because of all the overcards and the fact that we are way out of position.

I think that she is playing some kind of suited connectors that she wanted to build a pot with. I think that she has at least one club and was hoping to pair, or hit another club on the turn to give her more outs. The hands that come to mind to me really are AQo, AJ, AT, KQs, KJs I don't see her having 88s, 66s here. I definitely think that it is overcards to the board.