Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 03:14 AM

Default Re: Hangin with Kristy Gazes

you missed my point. medium strength hands like 88/66/J10 and such will call here to look at the enxt card and hope to freeze me. Generally speaking good made hands, top pairs, overpairs even sets should raise here because the board is so draw heavy. Given that Kristy is a good player I expect her to be raising most made hands, and most of her stronger draws.

As for what she had, you don't get to find it out since she folded when I led the turn for 500.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:16 AM

If thats her flush draw she pushes the flop, most of the time, figuring she has 12-15 outs and that I'll fold a lot. All of which is true.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:47 AM

She probably has a small pair or a suited connector that hit the flop part way or overcards. So she's got a flush draw, a pair with a weak kicker, pair and an inside straight draw, or she completely missed the flop with overcards.

I'd have checked the flop and been looking to throw away my hand. 22 out of position against a pro that knows you're aggressive and capable of folding and also that you don't have a hand that was worth raising preflop utg or raising over a min-raise/min-reraise is a really tough spot. Stacks are deep and pro with position abuses you too often here.

The turn is tough. If you bet, I think villain comes over the top of you a pretty high percentage of the time because it's pretty unlikely you limped with a 9 in your hand utg and stacks are deep enough that you're not going to the mat with a small pair and it's not likely that you'd bet if you had a boat here. So I think you check and see what Kristy does. If she bets out then I think you can probably represent the boat and check-raise her off her hand but it just seems so high risk. If she checks behind and the 3 flush hits or doesn't hit, then you're in limbo as far as if you should bet to get her to fold or check/fold.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:51 AM

So given her fold on the turn, she probably had a pair and an inside straight draw, a straight draw and gave you credit for the nine or a bigger pair?
Old 07-26-2005, 04:59 AM

Well I saw this hand live and pretty much had her on a medium pair and you on air based up on the flop/turn action. I remember thinking that the turn bet was a bit bigger than I would have suspected with a hand that had much showdown value and consequently looked as if it was meant to get her to fold a hand she hoped to freeze the action with after the flop call. I got the feeling she was VERY suspicious but she wasn't about to play heroine on the first hand.

You play goot.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:37 AM

She'll push 2000 into a 470 pot?
Old 07-26-2005, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I could be way off, but the only conceivable hands I could see solid pros minraising are midpairs...trying to build a pot in case they set up.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I thought.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:58 AM

Dunno about pushing, but with a flush draw and 2 overcards on this flop, seems like she would definitely have to raise.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:51 AM

she might not actually push, but any raise here is as committing as a push I would think. If she makes it 600 she only has 1300 behind and the pots already 1000 before my action.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:02 PM

I'm not sure what she had, but I know that she has to put you on a small/med pair with your calling twice preflop from UTG. Your betting into two preflop minraisers probably reps a set pretty good. She peeled one off w/ her 88/66/87s and whiffed. Pretty good bet there on the turn.