Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 12:41 AM

Default NL 400 6max--two hands for review

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter

all 3 have $400 stacks
Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">[color].
UTG raises [$18].
UTG+1folds.
MP1 calls [$18].
Hero (Button) calls [$18].
SB folds.
BB folds.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font> Pot= $60
UTG bets [$50].
MP1 folds.
Button (Hero) ???
</font>
-I usually reraise this preflop, but since I had no read and UTG open raised to $18 (2-4 blinds) with the norm. raising $8-15 and a cold call I decided to take a flop with position, should I be reraising here all the time without any reads and stats on the players? If so to like $65ish?

-Now I like this flop, with my range on UTG I'm a favorite to QQ (depending if he has a spade) down to 99, 47.4% vs KK, and 37.3% vs AA...I would be worried about a set if MP1 called but it seems unlikely that UTG has one...right now my guess is TT-QQ, and KK AA also likely. Whats the most profitable move here?

2nd hand

Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter
Seat 1: SB ( $109.90 )
Seat 2: BB $271 )
Seat 3: Hero UTG( $382.40 )
Seat 4: MP( $576.40 )
Seat 6: Button( $220.90 )
SB posts small blind [$2].
BB posts big blind [$4].

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666"></font>.
Hero raises [$14].
MP folds.
Button folds.
SB calls [$12].
BB calls [$10].

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks.
BB checks.
Hero bets [$30].
SB folds.
BB raises [$80].
Hero calls [$50].

-Should I be reraising this flop, since I had the Ad I put him on one less draw, and thought a reraise on any non Ten turn to be a good plan?
Old 07-24-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: NL 400 6max--two hands for review

hand 1 you can make really simple and just push

hand 2 reraising that flop not so good -- a big draw will call you anyway... no info gained, pot gets bigger, you OOP with one pair, all bad things.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:11 PM

1. push is not a bad play

2. depending on the player and my image, i usually put him all in after he reraises. though that is an awkward reraise. if its a laggy player and my image is right i get called as a big favorite all in a lot.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:08 AM

2. BB is shortstacked. After your call pot is 202 and villain has 183 left so you need to make all your decisions about the hand now. Pot control isn't an issue. Having the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] means that there is less to learn from seeing the turn as few cards give you a fold. I push, unless I have a reason to think I'm often behind now.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:18 PM

1 - push, or raise what's in the pot for a free card
2 - push, this move will be set up nicely if you pushed on hand 1 at the same table assuming folks are paying attention, you will get called by a ton of hands that are drawing pretty thin.

Always look for spots like these to move all-in, makes it easier for the OP to call your all-in when you do in fact have the goods
Old 07-25-2005, 12:42 PM

haven't looked at the replies yet,so i thought i'd post up what i'd do and see how it compares to the responses from people more experienced at this level-i'm still learning..
first hand i want to get as much money in the pot as possible on the flop-you're almost definitely at least slightly ahead,and its too big a flop for you to fold,so i'd definitely reraise
you want to be pot comitted before the turn because if thats a blank your hand is looking a lot less appealing
a big reraise might take down the pot,and if it doesnt you're still in a nice position

in the second hand it looks like just calling is going to leave him with less chips than will be in the pot-i'm reraising here,as he could have a flush/straight draw or a worse overpair,so i'm going to pay him off if he has ten nine or a set,given that its not very deep stacks