Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 11:55 PM

Default 1/2 NL KK hand

Live 1/2 NL

Hero's table image is tight-aggressive. Hero has been at the table about an hour and a half and has yet to show down a hand. Hero has played few hands and won two pots (one big one after going all in on turn, the other a small one after a flop continuation bet).

Three limpers to Hero in CO + 1 ($9 in pot including blinds at this point).

Hero looks down and sees two red Kings, raises to $10. (probably shoulda bet more here)

Most raises this size have been getting little action to this point.

CO folds, Button calls (this guy has played a number of hands and has yet to show much aggression). All limpers call.

Five players with a $53 pot.

Flop comes 9 J Q two clubs.

Three checks, Hero bets $30.

Button quickly reraises to $60.
Three folds.

Hero looks at own stack of $130, Button's stack looks bigger.

The pot is now $143.

Hero??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2005, 11:58 PM

Default Re: 1/2 NL KK hand

It sucks, but I fold.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Live 1/2 NL

Hero's table image is tight-aggressive. Hero has been at the table about an hour and a half and has yet to show down a hand. Hero has played few hands and won two pots (one big one after going all in on turn, the other a small one after a flop continuation bet).

Hero looks down and sees two red Kings, raises to $10. (probably shoulda bet more here)

CO folds, Button calls (this guy has played a number of hands and has yet to show much aggression). All limpers call.

Three folds.

The pot is now $143.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're getting better than 4:1 from the pot to just call his raise. But, you've got only 4 turn cards (the tens) that make you confident about your hand. And you are almost guaranteed to face another large bet on the turn. So, calling is not an option.

Pushing here makes little sense as it will only fold off hands that are worse. And it will be insta-called by anything that has you beat.

I think that the only option is to lay it down. Tough flop.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Live 1/2 NL

Three folds.

The pot is now $143.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're getting better than 4:1 from the pot to just call his raise. But, you've got only 4 turn cards (the tens) that make you confident about your hand. And you are almost guaranteed to face another large bet on the turn. So, calling is not an option.

Pushing here makes little sense as it will only fold off hands that are worse. And it will be insta-called by anything that has you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%. Tough flop and tough laydown.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Results: 1/2 NL KK hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Live 1/2 NL

Three folds.

The pot is now $143.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%. Tough flop and tough laydown.

[/ QUOTE ]

The hands I'm thinking he could have: AQ, AA, QQ, JJ, TT, QJ, 99, KT, KQ... Not many good possibilities for me.

I left out this part: Hero studies Villian who looks very comfortable. I dont think he'd look comfortable with a flush or straight draw.

That sealed my decision.

Hero folded.

That hand drove me nuts. Afterwards I was thinking maybe I should have called because of pot odds. Youre right though, there arent any cards that help me except a 10.

Thanks for the comments.