Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Moral Dilemma

I pick B. If he is trying to improve he'll eventually buy a book and find his way here. That was how I found 2+2, in the recommended reading section of Lee Jones' book. Or he'll just add a couple of words to his Google search.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:54 PM

Hey relax, pal. Just giving my point of view here.

I honestly cannot understand why you want to share your knowledge with some random guy, that's all.

How I found this site? I can't remember exactly, I think it was from a link from another site.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:59 PM

Well this thread is pretty pointless now, thanks for being a pompous prick Alobar.

I didnt even think about telling him about 2+2 until he messaged me back AGAIN today asking if I liked the articles and if I was doing better.

That made me feel like a dick. Not enough of a dick to help him, but a dick nonetheless.

Anyways, the only people I have ever told about 2+2 were 2 of my close friends who I started in poker. But I do think there is an elitist attitude here that is not really warranted. I'm not in favor of making the games tougher, but even if every player in the world knew about 2+2, I would be unconcerned with my ability to beat the game. The average person is just not smart enough or disciplined enough to play winning poker, poker forum be damned.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:00 PM

Nothing personal. Lemmings just piss me off. Dont read too deep into anything I say.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:03 PM

Everyone on this forum is a random guy to me.

Why should the fact that someone happened to find his/her way to this site make it so much better to share information with him?
Old 07-16-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude, the fact you are even contemplaiting this question raises serious red flags about your mental capacity as a poker player.

The answer is B

You can put me down on record as saying anyone who says A in this thread, or even thinks about saying A in this thread, is a complete moron

no offense

[/ QUOTE ]

Your point is well taken. We all eat plenty of red meat here. However, just because we are playing for profit doesn't mean we sacrifice our humanity. There are enough fish that giving one guy advice (especially if solicited..." is not going to dry up the pond.

That being said, to paraphrase Sam Jackson at the end of Die Hard 3: "F'em, let em cook..." Option B is best an its not close. Do you see why?
Old 07-16-2005, 04:21 PM

For real I choose A and yes I've read all the responses to this thread. Flame away.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For real I choose A and yes I've read all the responses to this thread. Flame away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh-oh, I think it just got interesting.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You can put me down on record as saying anyone who says A in this thread, or even thinks about saying A in this thread, is a complete moron

[/ QUOTE ]

Just one counter-argument:

You probably make posts that help others more than yourself. Why do you do it? Because you know others are here for the same purpose as you are; to improve their poker games through discussion of ideas.

This guy obviously is at least _interested_ in improving his game, and seems like a nice enough feller. I'd tell him to try this forum out because of that. Who knows, maybe he'll develop his game and become top form and I'll be hoping he answers each and everyone of my posts. He certainly seems frienly enough that if this forum helped his game tons he'd return the favor.

I'd be more concerned about "hiding" the forum from people who are going to improve and then totally vanish forever.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lemmings just piss me off.

[/ QUOTE ]
You ask a question. I give you my opinion. Now I am a lemming. And you are a very charming guy.