Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 11:22 AM

Default I might fold too much

Flop call, turn call? I've started breathing when I play, and now I play slower. And I'm starting to notice myself calling or raising in spots where I would have been folding before because I took the time to think it out before I acted. Here is one of the calling times. Are these like automatic easy calls I have just been flat-out missing? It felt weird enough so that I know I haven't been making them.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $30.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 07-05-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: I might fold too much

Sorry to post a 7 handed hand on HUSH-- I'm just so used to posting all of my hands here that I didn't notice.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:25 AM

Hmm, not sure if I make these calls either. I would however c/r the river.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:29 AM

I would usually toss this flop with the ragged board and two callers. Once you pick up the gutshot I think the turn is an easy call.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:40 AM

Damn, I would also fold this flop without much thought, but now that I look at it it's actually a call. Maybe I fold too much too..
Old 07-05-2005, 11:43 AM

If your backdoor flush draw is 1.5 outs, backdoor straight draw is one out (because sometimes you split or lose to a higher straight) and your ace is 1.5 outs, you have 4 outs on the flop so yeah you can call closing the action getting 13:1. Especially because occasionally MP1 is betting his QJ or AQ or whatever (maybe even 77) and checks the turn and MP2 checks behind.

Turn is the same, gutshot, overcard, it's surely a call getting 9:1 even given that sometimes you lose a bet or even 2 when you hit an ace.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would usually toss this flop with the ragged board and two callers. Once you pick up the gutshot I think the turn is an easy call

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i thought this too but he is getting 13/1 and closing action,with 2 kinda bd str8s and a bd nut flush and ace,so i would peel one
Old 07-05-2005, 11:46 AM

Unless opps are really passiv (or aggresive even to raise you) I'd go for a river c/r as they can't put you on a 4.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn, I would also fold this flop without much thought, but now that I look at it it's actually a call. Maybe I fold too much too..

[/ QUOTE ]

I might even cut down to playing two tables again after reading the "Profit Versus Development" and now looking at this.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:51 AM

With reverse implied odds on the back door draws I see the flop call as EV neutral at best. Can anyone convince me it's not? To me the turn call is much more clear cut.