Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 04:30 PM

Default 2 Folds

I've been running very badly over the last week. Actually, it's just the last two days. It happens. Poker.

Party Poker, $100 buy in NL, 6 max

I ($250) get Kh9h in the SB. UTG ($250), a very aggressive player doing a lot of betting limps. All fold to me, I call, and the BB ($45), a donkey, raps. 3 to the flop.

The flop is:

K K Q rainbow. I check, the BB checks, UTG bets $3. I call and the BB call. The turn is some brick like a 4. I check, BB moves in for his last $40 or so and UTG smooth calls. I fold.

Party Poker, $200 buy in NL, full ring.

I ($300) pick up black 10 10 in late MP and have two limpers to me. I make it $8 all fold back to the first limper and she calls. She had about $450 and is a tight, aggressive player. If she's in she's generally betting or raising. In an earlier hand she strung me a long a bit with a weak lead with a nice hand. The other limper ($200) calls. I don't have a read on this player as he hasn't been sitting long. 3 to the flop.

The flop is:

7 6 6 two black.

The first limper leads out $10, the second one smooth calls, and I call. The turn is red deuce. The first limper leads out for $25, the second again smooth calls, and I fold.

Thoughts?
Old 07-02-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: 2 Folds

the second hand was played ok but the first hand was played wrong. in my opinion you should have called there to because you have top trips. it is very unlikely that either player has AK, KQ, KJ, or K10. did you end up seeing if you made the right call or not? please post and let me know.

bigsteve894@yahoo.com
Old 07-03-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: 2 Folds

I'm going to do something I never do and bump this. I'm really curious as to the second hand and what some people think of the flop call and the turn fold.

If nobody replies I'll post the results...