Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 06-29-2005, 04:08 PM

Default PT for Stud/8

Is there a version of PT available for Stud/8. I'm thinking of taking a Hold'em break and playing Stud/8 (use to play it B&M before Holdem).
Thanks
Old 06-29-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: PT for Stud/8

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a version of PT available for Stud/8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, its called your brain.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:17 PM

I'm amazed you can keep things like vpip in your brain. you are a far better man than me
Old 06-29-2005, 06:17 PM

Stud is too dynamic of a game to rely on stats like you can with Hold em. There is much more known information and many more decisions to make.

I shudder at the thought of the day when people in this forum start saying villan had a VPIP of 40 on 4th and an agression factor of 1.4 in 6th.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Yes, its called your brain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there really something wrong with a program that analyzes you past stats? It's nothing you couldn't do yourself by calculating the information from your own e-mailed hand histories, but instead using a computer program to crunch the numbers for you. I'd like to have, or create one like this if I had the knowledge to do so, to analyze my performance, look for weaknesses in my game (of which I have many and would like to recognize them) and such.

I think the issue most have are with these programs that keep track of exposed cards during the hand that is being played, keeping stats on the other players as the hand is being played and providing win percentages during the hand. I can see having an issue with a program that does that.

On a similar note, I read a post in the Zoo where Paradise ( [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I think) is now detecting and warning players with these type of programs running while playing online to cease running the program while playing. I agree with this policy and would encourage more sites to do this as well.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there really something wrong with a program that analyzes you past stats? It's nothing you couldn't do yourself by calculating the information from your own e-mailed hand histories, but instead using a computer program to crunch the numbers for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Internet message boards are so lame. I'd rather send letters copied by hand to each acquaintance who shares my interest in poker.

(Luddism is Luddism.)

To the OP: I wish PT were open-source for precisely this reason; then we could add to it based on motivation. One could probably write a simple parser that uses the same Access db structure. Oh the things I'd do if I only had time, and attention span!
Old 06-29-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
think the issue most have are with these programs that keep track of exposed cards during the hand that is being played, keeping stats on the other players as the hand is being played and providing win percentages during the hand. I can see having an issue with a program that does that.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the problem - it is a very slippery slope. It would allow people to "data mine" and have stats on every other player. I would shudder to think of the day when someone posts a hand in this forum and says villan had a vpip of 35 and an agression factor of 2.1 on 6th.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
think the issue most have are with these programs that keep track of exposed cards during the hand that is being played, keeping stats on the other players as the hand is being played and providing win percentages during the hand. I can see having an issue with a program that does that.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the problem - it is a very slippery slope. It would allow people to "data mine" and have stats on every other player. I would shudder to think of the day when someone posts a hand in this forum and says villan had a vpip of 35 and an agression factor of 2.1 on 6th.

[/ QUOTE ]You mean real elite poker players don't open up their log books and run these calculations inbetween each betting round??? I swore I saw greg raymer open up his laptop and ran some betting analaysis models at the wsop every ten seconds!
Old 06-29-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, its called your brain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Such an informative answer. The reason I ask was that I was curious. I just want to be aware of what's out there and what others may/may not be doing. Before I came to these forums I played hold em all the time with out any trackers because I didn't know they existed. I see it as a tool and wanted to know if it existed.

FWIW..in stud/8 I play extremely unimaginative ABC poker. So my cards dictate my play, anyway.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I swore I saw greg raymer open up his laptop and ran some betting analaysis models at the wsop every ten seconds!

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he have his Game Time window open?