Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 06-24-2005, 04:16 PM

Default bottom two flush poppage

The Table had several "bet when checked to players", so I decided to check raise and try and shut the pot down. Well, that didnt work.... comments please

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter

UTG ($121.55)
MP ($91.3)
CO ($96.85)
Button ($54.2)
SB ($71.15)
Hero ($97)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $1, Button calls $1, SB (poster) completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($5) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $1</font>, Button calls $1, SB calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, UTG folds, CO calls $7, Button folds, SB folds.

Turn: ($23) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, CO calls $14.

River: ($51) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10.

Final Pot: $71
Old 06-24-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: bottom two flush poppage

I like the check raise line here, unfortunately villian stayed with it. The turn bet is good because I think it gives you some information as to what you are up against without costing you too much money. The river is a tough spot, I am curious as to what the other people would do here, sometimes it feels like you are just throwing money away when you call these smaller bets. There are hands you beat, and then to any flush you are toast, tough call.