Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 03:18 PM

Default TP + FD makes Trips, Where Should I Raise?

BB and CO are loose passive. SB is slightly loose and passive. On the flop, I thought a 3 bet would likely lose CO & SB so the overcalls seemed best plus I had to put BB on an overpair & a 3 bet might lose SB. I thought keeping CO & SB was better than 2 betting the turn. On the river, I figured with a 4 card straight showing, going for overcalls was the best choice.

I can't believe I never bet this hand (it felt like a sin) but I have a hard time seeing where raising was better than calling. Please correct my thinking.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (14 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 17 BB
Old 06-24-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: TP + FD makes Trips, Where Should I Raise?

I raise the flop. if it comes back capped, so be it, you've got a monster hand.

raise the turn and juts call if its 3-bet. if better still shows agression after your turn raise i bite my lip and call down.

but i could be wrong, here. anyone else play it differently?
Old 06-24-2005, 03:26 PM

Easy flop 3bet, and turn raise.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:47 PM

I see no reason not to raise the river. At that point, some of them have missed whatever they were chasing, and they're gone anyway, may as well raise and extract max value from those who are sticking around.

I'm okay with the flop call...and I see why you did what you did on the turn...but I don't agree. Raise that sucker up and cap it when BB plays back at you. Regardless, raise the river.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:03 PM

I could see raising flop/turn/river with your hand. The turn should be raised you need to punish the weak draws there.

Why try for so many overcalls? One person cc'ing 2 bets is better than 2 people calling one bet as you've removed outs.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-24-2005, 04:06 PM

I would 3 bet the flop. You don't really want the guys behind you to call. You have a great draw but a pair of Jacks is very vulnerable and you want to win the pot if possible even if you don't make your flush. The turn may be a good spot to raise also as some people may coldcall drawing dead and you might get lucky and someone has a worse Jack and you get raised. The river is perfect though.

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-24-2005, 04:09 PM

Raise the turn. By just calling you are giving gutshots proper odds to call and beat you. You'd really like to fold a 9 or a T here.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]