Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Party...a different kind of conspiracy (doubting my sanity)

This happened once or twice before but I always assumed that "I may bave been mistaken" however...

It happened once again last night. I was playing 5/10 Hold Em. I had K 10 as my hole cards looking right at me. I flopped a K (the only picture card on the flop) and turned a 10 (and I bet and raised accordingly). Shockingly my opponent turned up K2 for two pair and won the pot. I immediately checked my hand history and it said I had Q 10.

It feels like the twilight zone because I truly saw a K. Has this happened to anyone before? Could it be a software bug or one of those cheat-at-poker tricks that can change the viewed hole cards of your opponents. I just find it hard to comprehend misreading a pair/two pair on all three streets. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2005, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Party...a different kind of conspiracy (doubting my sanity)

Is it possbile that your computer has been compromised?

All card images are stored locally in the party poker folder. All it would take is someone renaming the Q of Hearts file to the K of hearts file and viola, you have a queen and you see a king!

Check it out
Old 06-10-2005, 01:11 PM

i've seen posts about similar occurences, nobody is sure whether they've just been staring at the screen too long or whether the memory got corrupted and brought up the wrong card image.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:12 PM

How funny would it be to change someones duces to AA and AA to duces haha man i need to get access to my friends comps.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:17 PM

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:18 PM

yes sex on it is good to.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This happened once or twice before but I always assumed that "I may bave been mistaken" however...

It happened once again last night. I was playing 5/10 Hold Em. I had K 10 as my hole cards looking right at me. I flopped a K (the only picture card on the flop) and turned a 10 (and I bet and raised accordingly). Shockingly my opponent turned up K2 for two pair and won the pot. I immediately checked my hand history and it said I had Q 10.

It feels like the twilight zone because I truly saw a K. Has this happened to anyone before? Could it be a software bug or one of those cheat-at-poker tricks that can change the viewed hole cards of your opponents. I just find it hard to comprehend misreading a pair/two pair on all three streets. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It happens. I have had times I could have sworn my 7 was a 9 and I flopped trips.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:35 PM

A couple of times I have thought I had a straight when I didn't. Then I know it is time to shut off the computer and take a break.

Do you multi-table?
Old 06-10-2005, 01:37 PM

I got knocked out late in a MTT tourney due to something similar awhile ago. I could *swear* that I was holding AKs. The flop gave me the nut flush. I ended up heads-up against someone holding a lower flush. We both went all-in, the turn and river were dealt, and I just about sh*t myself when I saw the chips moving towards him.

I looked at my hand history and saw that I'd been dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I was so positive that I'd seen two spades. Of course, TruePoker doesn't use the 4-color deck, so it's "easy" (after many many hours of play) to make a mistake like this.

My little oversight cost me a few hundred bucks.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:41 PM

I do multi-table but that was my only hand being played at the time.