Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 11:59 AM

Default Should I Stay or Should I Go?

'Stars $27 + 2 satellite to Sunday's $200 + 15 NLHE. Winner gets the buy-in, 2nd gets $28.

3 left

Button (4620)
SB (6135)
BB-Me (2745)

Level 50/100 (Yeah, it's been a bit wild)

Button has been fairly tight, but limps a lot. SB has been aggressive, showing his hand a lot when opponents fold. Showing bluffs, weak TP, middle pair, etc. IN other words, when he bets strong - wide range of hands.

I get K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB

Button limps, SB raises to 300, both call. (900)

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets 600

Your decision?

My decision and results later.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Im pushing over the top.

Ive got a few outs, but mainly i dont think he has anything.

With the flush draw, and possible overcard outs i think this is great time for a semi-bluff; not to mention the winner takes all pay structure.

Phill
Old 06-04-2005, 02:31 PM

If SB had been showing the wide range of hands you describe, then with the blinds at 50/100 and ~24BB in the bank I'm not getting involved. It sounds like you are better than him and you have plenty of time to prove it.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If SB had been showing the wide range of hands you describe, then with the blinds at 50/100 and ~24BB in the bank I'm not getting involved. It sounds like you are better than him and you have plenty of time to prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, NEVER MAKE A -EV PLAY BECAUSE URE BETTER THAN THE FIELD AND U CAN OUTPLAY THEM LATER, OUTPLAY THEM NOW!!!!!!!!!(for online tourneys, I might accept someone folding a 56% edge preflop on a tourney where the blinds go up every 3 hours) This is such an obvious, obvious push, he has 19 outs to improve more realistcly like 14 to someone with a hand.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:38 PM

How's he going to outplay them when they both have him outchipped 2:1? The time to outplay them is now. Push.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is such an obvious, obvious push.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, NEVER MAKE A -EV PLAY BECAUSE URE BETTER THAN THE FIELD AND U CAN OUTPLAY THEM LATER, OUTPLAY THEM NOW!!!!!!!!!(for online tourneys, I might accept someone folding a 56% edge preflop on a tourney where the blinds go up every 3 hours) This is such an obvious, obvious push, he has 19 outs to improve more realistcly like 14 to someone with a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This brings me back to my post

In a winner take all (or close enough to it), I would push...

--LoO
Old 06-04-2005, 03:06 PM

I think folding is the worst option here. The SB is not a tight-ass, and he's going to make life miserable for you if you choose the 'fold and try and outplay them' option. You have to either push or call. I think you have 14 adjusted outs here, which means you're a slight favorite, 51.2%, against the SB HU. If you push, I think he would fold at least 10% of the time. Does this sound reasonable? Therefore, I think you have to push.

I think folding is the worst option, calling is better (since the blinds are so low), and pushing is the optimal play.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I get K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB

Button limps, SB raises to 300, both call. (900)

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got this far into your post. Push.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:43 PM

Default RESULTS

Thanks for the replies. My thinking was similar to the responses, an average of about 11 outs twice if he was ahead and no way to be drawing dead,

I pushed, he called and showed K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] so I was actually ahead.

Unfortunately, the turn was the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and no [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or 9 showed on the river to save me.