Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 09:45 PM

Default Deadwood, SD

I'm taking a trip to the black hills next week.
Anyone ever play poker in Deadwood?
Any thoughts on the cardrooms there?
Anyone ever play a tournament out there?
Old 06-03-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Re: Deadwood, SD

Keep your back to the wall, and watch out for
Aces and 8's.

I'm a big fan of Saloon Number 10. Unique place
to play cards, you have to stop there. The game
has been going on since the 1800's, they still
throw sawdust on the floor.

The games in Deadwood are all at small rooms in
old bars, with a good mixture of tourists, bikers,
and cowboys.

enjoy
Old 06-04-2005, 04:19 AM

I'll be there. I'll be the guy with all the chips in front of him at Saloon 10. I go to college in Rapid City so it is only a 40 minute drive so I'm there too much.

Anyway, back on topic there are 6 cardrooms right now in Deadwood. At the top of the hill is the Silverado, they just got poker in December. They play 3/6, 4/8, 3-12 spread, and 5-50 spread regularily. They will spread anything that is legal if they can get a game running. The room is very nice, kind of out of the way so the slot noise is not that bad. They have shuffle machines in all of the tables, and the dealers are starting to get pretty good. It is my 3rd choice for games though as it is usually a bit harder. They have 5 tables. They do not close but the beer is turned off at 2. They do not have a liquor license so beer only if you like to drink.

There is a cardroom at Durty Nellys under the Franklin but it sucks. They play 2-10 spread holdem and 1-5 stud, the holdem is with a single blind. It is a horrible game, I hate it.

Saloon 10 is down the street a ways and is my first choice. It is very smoky, and very loud. They have 3 tables, 2 of which are 2-10 spread and the final is 2-10-15 spread. The games are very soft and full of drunks. They are a bar though so they close at 2 am.

Gold Dust has 5 tables I think, spread a variety of stuff but I've never played there.. I think they range from 2/4 to 10/20 with over buttons to 20/40.

Miss Kitty's is very slow, I've never played. I think they have 2 tables of 2-10. Usually there is not a game going.

Cadillac Jacks is my second choice as they are open all night. They have 5 tables, usually have one or two running 2-10 spread, sometimes a 2-10-15 or a 4-20. They almost always have a good 5-50 game, and on Fridays they try to get a 5/10 full kill OH8 going, it is all old rocks though and I suck at the game so I haven't played. They have a bar so you can get free drinks while you play if you like that.

I've played in a couple of tournaments but I suck. The 10 has a daily freeroll at 11am every day but Sunday. It is fed by 10 dollar rebuys. There is a Sunday tournament that is 44 dollars at 2pm. There is a Monday night tournament at 6pm.

The Silverado has a few tournaments, I think Monday and Wednesday they have a 25 with two 10 dollar rebuys at 6:30pm. Call their poker room to see what else they have. I think the number is 1-800-584-7005 .. I think during the day they have a switchboard to connect you. They have a Sunday tournament that is 80 dollar buy in, pays top 3 or 4, and the winner gets a seat in the 2006 WSOP freeroll. It is on September 11 I think.

Cadillac Jacks has a monday and a wednesday tournament that the structure sucks, is 40 dollar buy in winner takes all. They have a Sunday tourney too but I do not know the details.

If you post when you be there I'll let you know if I'll be playing. I'll be at Saloon 10 on Friday and Saturday from 8pm on for sure, but I might make a midweek trip too.

Anything else you want to know just ask, if I don't know I can find out tomorrow (Saturday)
Old 06-04-2005, 04:22 AM

Oh, and I think that everybody has a 5% to 3 dollar max rake with a 1 dollar jackpot drop.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be there. I'll be the guy with all the chips in front of him at Saloon 10. I go to college in Rapid City so it is only a 40 minute drive so I'm there too much.

Anyway, back on topic there are 6 cardrooms right now in Deadwood. At the top of the hill is the Silverado, they just got poker in December. They play 3/6, 4/8, 3-12 spread, and 5-50 spread regularily. They will spread anything that is legal if they can get a game running. The room is very nice, kind of out of the way so the slot noise is not that bad. They have shuffle machines in all of the tables, and the dealers are starting to get pretty good. It is my 3rd choice for games though as it is usually a bit harder. They have 5 tables. They do not close but the beer is turned off at 2. They do not have a liquor license so beer only if you like to drink.

There is a cardroom at Durty Nellys under the Franklin but it sucks. They play 2-10 spread holdem and 1-5 stud, the holdem is with a single blind. It is a horrible game, I hate it.

Saloon 10 is down the street a ways and is my first choice. It is very smoky, and very loud. They have 3 tables, 2 of which are 2-10 spread and the final is 2-10-15 spread. The games are very soft and full of drunks. They are a bar though so they close at 2 am.

Gold Dust has 5 tables I think, spread a variety of stuff but I've never played there.. I think they range from 2/4 to 10/20 with over buttons to 20/40.

Miss Kitty's is very slow, I've never played. I think they have 2 tables of 2-10. Usually there is not a game going.

Cadillac Jacks is my second choice as they are open all night. They have 5 tables, usually have one or two running 2-10 spread, sometimes a 2-10-15 or a 4-20. They almost always have a good 5-50 game, and on Fridays they try to get a 5/10 full kill OH8 going, it is all old rocks though and I suck at the game so I haven't played. They have a bar so you can get free drinks while you play if you like that.

I've played in a couple of tournaments but I suck. The 10 has a daily freeroll at 11am every day but Sunday. It is fed by 10 dollar rebuys. There is a Sunday tournament that is 44 dollars at 2pm. There is a Monday night tournament at 6pm.

The Silverado has a few tournaments, I think Monday and Wednesday they have a 25 with two 10 dollar rebuys at 6:30pm. Call their poker room to see what else they have. I think the number is 1-800-584-7005 .. I think during the day they have a switchboard to connect you. They have a Sunday tournament that is 80 dollar buy in, pays top 3 or 4, and the winner gets a seat in the 2006 WSOP freeroll. It is on September 11 I think.

Cadillac Jacks has a monday and a wednesday tournament that the structure sucks, is 40 dollar buy in winner takes all. They have a Sunday tourney too but I do not know the details.

If you post when you be there I'll let you know if I'll be playing. I'll be at Saloon 10 on Friday and Saturday from 8pm on for sure, but I might make a midweek trip too.

Anything else you want to know just ask, if I don't know I can find out tomorrow (Saturday)

[/ QUOTE ]

Very very nice report.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:44 AM

Great post Pat, thanks. This is just what I was looking for. I'll PM details to you.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:48 AM

Do they still spread 2/10 stud/8 at Saloon Number 10?

thx
Old 06-04-2005, 12:31 PM

Don't cross Swearengen.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:04 PM

If you ask they will still spread it. Usually they do not get the third table running until about 9pm so anytime before that if they can get enough interest they will start it up.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:50 PM

I added most of the information from here onto the Pokerwiki site. http://poker.wikicities.com/wiki/Cas...C_South_Dakota

I'll attempt to get the other 3 done as I have time.