Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Re: 5 handed Final table interesting hand--Whats your line?

have i ever told you yer my hero? btw, i think its close between folding and shoving. holla
Old 05-31-2005, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice to see you're still making final tables!

Hand 1 is VERY close. I did a quick $EV calculation putting him on a small to middle Ace (and not A6). I also assumed no 66. It's just an assumption but I'm guessing he doesn't limp with AA, AK-AT, or T6. Against that range you're essentially a coin flip. The $EV of calling is *slightly* higher than folding - about $200 (6.5% higher) according to my calculations and assuming your % of the prize pool is proportionate to your % of chips in play. I'm also assuming that all of your chips will go in the middle if you push as his huge overbet pot commits him and even if he loses he still has quite a few chips left.

I think a lesser player should call here. I think you, versus someone who you classify as kind of fishy, can fold although it's close. I say this simply because I think your ability to play better than others makes your equity percentage greater than your % of chips in play.

I think Hand 2 is played just fine (limp folding) as long as you think there's a decent chance you'll be able to limp without getting raised behind you. You just have enough chips to make playing for set value okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, thats what I was wondering. Which line is more profitable, so it seems its just little more +EV, but theres also the BB in this hand which a lot of people overlooked, so Im not sure how this changes it. But I like your overall calculation on the $EV, and this is what I was trying to figure out in the spur of the momment.

Im making a final table here and there lately, but Ive been really concentrating on SNGs lately, and just took a little break this weekend to tune up my MTT game, but so far Im really enjoying these rebuy tournaments, and Im having great success so far with the structure of these party rebuys and how people on party play them.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
have i ever told you yer my hero? btw, i think its close between folding and shoving. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

gappie owns, what can I say... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]