Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Aveadams and Horseshoe

I met Aveadams at Horseshoe today and I've cracked my jinx of never pushing a 2+2er a pot. After he raised from MP with AA and having the BB call him down with Q-5 and catching 2 pair... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I dealt him quad queens a couple hands later. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I've dealt to at least 5 2+2ers in the past and never dealt a winner. Thanks for the red bird by the way!
Old 05-29-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Aveadams and Horseshoe

First time I've hit quads in a live game, figured it was worth a red chip [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I saw quads five times today - three times at 4-8 and twice at 10-20 including my queens. Two straight flushes to boot. Too bad they didnt happen in the same hand at the 4-8 table... I'd sure like a share of that $70,000 jackpot.

The AA crack was kinda rough. That dude was calling with anything, and especially anything sooted. The crazy thing is, he was hitting -- I've never seen one person hit so many flushes in my life. I never really beleived everyone who said the 10-20 game was so soft, but jesus christ, I do now. They aren't as terrible as the 4-8 players but they arent that much better.

It wasn't uncommon for 5 or 6 ppl to see the flop, and there ware several hands where 8 or 9 folks limped in. Theres very little aggression before the flop, drawing hands are huge when they hit, you usually get paid off very nicely.

The swings are incredible. I was up $300, down $200, Up $200, down $200, left up $80. I was so card cold it was unreal, missing every draw, TPTK beaten by some BS 2 pair, but I still managed to finish up. Including my rack up at 4-8 and my $130 tournament loss, I finished up $50 (sigh, how's that for 16 hours of play? better than losing I 'spose)

This was day three. The first two days I played 3.5 hours each day, and finished up $300 and $200 at 4-8. I'm definitely looking forward to some more 10-20 tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:41 AM

btw chipr, Who is that curly blonde headed cocktail waitress (the one with sort of dark roots)? She is a freakin goddess. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2005, 01:48 AM

That would be Wendy.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Believe it or not she has a personality to match and is quite intelligent. She's getting married in 2 weeks. She invited me but I don't think I could stand to watch. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2005, 01:50 AM

Well I'm happily married myself, but If i wasnt I would do everything I could to break up her's [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Well I'm beat. I think those 15 heinekens are catching up with me. See ya tomorrow probably noonish, maybe even slightly later.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:36 PM

I don't think you've pushed me a pot, at least not at showdown, but you did help me win a pot once. I had raised in LP with AQ, small blind did not act and BB called. An Ace came on the flop and then the dealer realized the SB still had cards but hadn't called my raise. So you were called over and ruled to reshuffle and redeal the flop giving the SB a chance to act. I looked at you like "WTF man, no!" SB folds before the new flop, which comes out all rags. It's checked to me so I bet it anyways and BB gets pissed off and throws his AK face up on the table. Small pot, but it could have been a big loss.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:16 AM

Glad I could help. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]