Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Poker is Everywhere

I am thumbing though the current issue of Real Simple. In case you're not familiar with it, the mag is all about things to make your life simple i.e. using fans to cool your house (yes this is 4 page feature), using plastic wrap for storing food.), etc. My point is that this magazine is extremely far from poker. Well this month they have two spotlights on poker. One is how to win. They have quotes from Greg Fossilman - who plugs 2+2's Theory of Poker book by Sklansky (no mention of the website though). There is also another page that showcases gift ideas for graduating students. Would you be surprised that one of them is the sharper image poker chip set - so "they'll always be in the action". Just an observation that poker is really going mainsteam.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Poker is Everywhere

yeah, right now poker players are endorsing just poker related things, but soon they will be endorsing more mainstream things, like beer (infact, scotty already is i hear) but the thing is, i think a lot of people like sinmply gambling, rather than knowing the history or the players behind it.