Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Jopke\'s Up

[ QUOTE ]
This hand never happened. Me/Soss/Gavin just felt like seeing if the forum would disagree with whatever hand we posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad I read the entire thread before posting. I thought you guys had flipped. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2005, 05:39 AM

This actually has some merit I think. Mike and I were getting the feeling that people were agreeing with us just out of principle. There was even a quote where someone said something to the effect of "If Mike said it, it has to have some merit." No it doesn't necessarily. Just checking up on you guys [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2005, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There was even a quote where someone said something to the effect of "If Mike said it, it has to have some merit." No it doesn't necessarily. Just checking up on you guys

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes there were 2 quotes from the A7o thread from last week:

"when Strassa, MLG, bugstud and I all agree this is a fold, it's a fold."

And:

"when the instincts of someone like MLG say that is a fold, it's a fold."

(I'll just add here that usualy I respect the poster who said those things, as I find his thinking rather interesting and independent in most cases, that's why I was especially disappointed with this kind of argumentation.)

I couldn't find someone who said the same about you Gavin, but I'm sure there are.

I really don't like it when things start to look like this, it becomes a religion more than poker discussion. So it's nice that you have initiated such an imaginary situation/thread to see how people react to questionable advice, but I think that generally there will always be people who'll feel more comfortable just listening to what other, more successful or simply dominating voices have to say before or instead of deciding for themselves.

Especially since many situations in tournament poker are very close or read dependent, doing the thinking for yourself, without being dependent on books/certain mathemtical models/past posts/what MLG or 2005 said/ could make it really tough, and most people are lazy like that.

Nice thread.

BTW, I think the best line with this hand is limping PF and check calling all-in on any flop that doesn't have J in it. Or 4.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:19 AM

so you guys feel like superstars or what?
Old 05-19-2005, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, I think that by far the worst possible line with this hand is limping PF and check calling all-in on any flop that doesn't have J in it. Or 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 05-19-2005, 10:03 AM

Old 05-19-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand never happened. Me/Soss/Gavin just felt like seeing if the forum would disagree with whatever hand we posted.

Nice Job (most of you) you have avoided becoming sycophants.

[/ QUOTE ]it was pretty obvious that the "standard check-raise all-in" is a joke. i was reading the replies and thought there was either heavy sarcasm or this thread was a joke...either that or I need to play alot looser lol
Old 05-19-2005, 12:26 PM

I was too embarassed by the play and question to even respond. Pretty funny post! Good job.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:39 PM

Nah. I said that on a play where my gut instinct told me it was a fold, the math (as much of it as I did) backed me up and the first four good people to post all said the same thing. So I got lazy and went with the easy answer. That's a far cry from CR'ing all in with the bottom end of a gutshot on an A-high board [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Nice Job (most of you) you have avoided becoming sycophants.

[/ QUOTE ]it was pretty obvious that the "standard check-raise all-in" is a joke. i was reading the replies and thought there was either heavy sarcasm or this thread was a joke...either that or I need to play alot looser lol

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i blew it.