Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Is this why I\'m a mediocre 5/10 SH player?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (2 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (6 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

I will post the result in a separate post.

What do you guys think about the turn raise? I felt good about my hand when I didn't get re-raised.

But the reason why I am making this post is because of the following what if scenario. What if he re-raised me on the turn... You see, I would've called the re-raise and probably called on the river including a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] river card.

I do this (meaning calling down on a re-raise) almost always head-ups regardless of reads. Is this what makes me a mediocre and even perhaps a bad 5/10 SH player?

For what it's worth my WR is around 1.2BB/100.
If I included the recent down turn, I'm probably not even a 1BB/100 player.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:44 PM

Default RESULT

He had 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BTW, how do you include the results in white?
I know you use the font color, but for some reason when I do it, it shows up like this

<font color="white">He had 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font>
Old 05-12-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Is this why I\'m a mediocre 5/10 SH player?

I'd raise the flop. I don't mind getting 3bet on the flop but I hate getting 3bet on the turn.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:49 PM

You need to protect this hand, you have TPBK and there are a lot of cards that can hurt you. I raise the flop and bet the turn
Old 05-12-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise the flop. I don't mind getting 3bet on the flop but I hate getting 3bet on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, so what is your plan if you get 3 bet on the flop? Call down as long as no spade falls?
Old 05-12-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: RESULT

Don't post results right away. They are usually irrelevent anyways. Even when in a new post, people who use flat mode can't help seeing them right away.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, so what is your plan if you get 3 bet on the flop? Call down as long as no spade falls?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. And maybe even if a spade does fall.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:57 PM

If there was a third person after me, I would've definitely raised to protect my hand. Heads up, however, I find that most will call the raise and I won't be able to protect.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:00 PM

What about in the case of getting re-raised on the turn?
Would you fold? I think the answer is yes, even tho I can't get myself to fold it.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:05 PM

You shouldn't think of yourself as a mediocre player. Good self-image will lead you to success.

Re: Hand

This is not a bad spot to slowplay. Odds are he has two outs. His bet on the flop carries little information. His bet on the turn carries only slightly more.

A good plan might be to wait till the river to raise. This lets him continue betting his weak hand. 5/10 players are mindlessly aggressive as long as they only have to put in 1 bet/street in spots like this and you'll be paid off by many hands on the end.

This hand is certainly not holding you back from crushing the game.