Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Black Hole?

Is it possible that what we consider to be the "universe" is just an inverted black hole, and that each black hole within our "universe" leads to other "universes". This would help explain the Big Bang Theory, and where all the matter disappears to in a black hole.

I don't really follow this kind of stuff, so I'm sure it has already been thought of and discussed many times.

Sorry for this geek post, but does anyone have any knowledge of this stuff?
Old 04-18-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Black Hole?

yeah i've heard of this before a few years ago

not sure if scientists nowadays still think it is possible

but allthough it would help explain the big bang theory, it would create a whole lot more questions (where did the first 'universe' come from?)
Old 04-18-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i've heard of this before a few years ago

not sure if scientists nowadays still think it is possible

but allthough it would help explain the big bang theory, it would create a whole lot more questions (where did the first 'universe' come from?)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly my point. I've never believed that matter could just appear out of nowhere. And it has to go somewhere. If the universe is indeed infinate, then this could be the only logical explaination IMO.

Why did the universe have to "come" from somewhere initially anyway. It couldn't have possibly "come" from anything if you think about it. It has to be infinate by defination. We just have a hard time getting our tiny little human brains around something that is without beginning or end.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:12 PM

You just ruined a potentially good gimmick account by breaking character. Switch back to your other name!
Old 04-18-2005, 07:17 PM

I find it interesting that you ask a somewhat interesting science question yet, somehow, you are foolish (or rude) enough to constantly give Mat Sklansky problems with your avatars.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:18 PM

...EHM.....I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT...I'M MR. BURNS...AHH...AGENT SMITH
Old 04-18-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it interesting that you ask a somewhat interesting science question yet, somehow, you are foolish (or rude) enough to constantly give Mat Sklansky problems with your avatars.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this one's O.K.(no nipple). I also thought the first one would be acceptable, but I guess it had a little too much nipple. It was not my intention to give M.Sklansky problems, so I guess foolish is the correct answer.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:33 PM

That avatar isn't going to survive. Others have used it before.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible that what we consider to be the "universe" is just an inverted black hole, and that each black hole within our "universe" leads to other "universes".

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa.

Old 04-18-2005, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is exactly my point. I've never believed that matter could just appear out of nowhere. And it has to go somewhere. If the universe is indeed infinate, then this could be the only logical explaination IMO.

Why did the universe have to "come" from somewhere initially anyway. It couldn't have possibly "come" from anything if you think about it. It has to be infinate by defination. We just have a hard time getting our tiny little human brains around something that is without beginning or end.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you just can't wrap your little human brain around the fact that matter just came from nowhere [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]