Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 04-04-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Calling all HU Experts

[ QUOTE ]
You surely have a heads up strategy?

Why not post details of it, a general outline, what you raise with from each position, what you cap, what you fold pre flop, what you go to showdown with. etc etc

Then players can make comments etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel my basic strategy is fairly standard. The opponent in question never folded his SB but raised only about 25%. He limped with big hands- AK, QQ+, and reraised if given the chance. He also raised some really weird hands occasionally. He would not fold to an SB raise by me. So I played off that. I am interested in an in-depth analysis of my complete play much more than what my guidelines are for folding/raising PF.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah this PUNK sounds terrible, what with winning almost 300bb's in one night heads up......

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read my post correctly, you would see that the PUNK won 100 BBs playing the FISH HU(15/30 private table). This is the main factor that caused me to sit against FISH HU. I have played PUNK HU many times and he is basically giving money away. So the fact that he ran over FISH and FISH looked very passive and weak, led me to believe I had an edge.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What you should do is follow the lead of recent participants of a HU challenge (was it Schneids and gonores?) and post a long hand history along with your thoughts about what you were thinking re the moves you made each hand. You won't get a ton of readers, but you'll get a few that are interested in the process. Sure, if you can find a HU expert (lord knows I'm not one) to read your histories for $$, so much the better, but why not post a series of hands here, along with your thoughts on each hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good suggestion, I will definitely do this. I have a lot of work right now, but hopefully I can get this thread bumped with some hands in a day or two.

[ QUOTE ]
So give us the first 50/100 hands with comments . . . . should be interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]