Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 03-29-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Prolonged Cold Decked And Losing Sessions? (Much Content, Not Whin

Yeah your #1 is a doozy, WOW: 27 hours in a row after all that? You must be under 30. 8)

Playing tired is Bank Roll suicide... Once I let out ONE hellacious yawn I leave immediately, sometimes it takes 1 visit to the can to realize: WOW! I am beat and I still have to walk to the car and drive home!

Very tough to leave a juicy table though, but I will become a long shot myself if I stay.

>TW<
Old 03-29-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I then just decided to have a good time with it and began offering every dealer a "deal" for thier down. If they could push me 3 winning pots during their 30 minute down, then the third pot was theirs.

[/ QUOTE ]

That will severely cut into your winrate. I don't recommend this at all. And I surely wouldn't be doing this when I'm ahead, nevermind when I'm stuck!

Yer one crazy player! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
But at least ya had some fun.

BTW, old drunk guy straddling, use it to your advantage. If you are willing to push a dealer an entire pot...invest a few bets and play back at the straddler. Start putting the raises on him and see how he reacts. Either he'll shut down or go even crazier. In either case you are either going to see more flops (when he calms down) or have significantly increased your equity those times you hit a hand and can take him for the max (when he gets even crazier).

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong... I hardly think that offering a dealer the 3rd pot is a wise move for those who are winrate conscious. I wasn't really caring about winrate at that point, however [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] To be honest, I don't really play B&M for a serious winrate. I am certainly a winning player there, but I don't track it. I view my B&M play as more of a release from online play. I love the live play feel so I try to get down to Tunica once a week or so. Obviously if your're a very regular player (semi daily) then something like what I pulled would be pretty dumb [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Regarding the guy to my left.... I normally would play back at someone like that (I did so later in the night) but I was already stuck close to a rack and didn't feel like dropping the last third on one hand that I may or may not win.... thereby ending my first session early.

LATER ON that night I had a blast with some punk kid who straddled my buddy though.... My buddy was 2 seats to my right and punk kid (PK) was between us. PK straddled so I blind raised him (I was up a couple racks at this point). PK looked at me kinda shocked and we ended up heads-up and I took down a healthy pot. I then straddled his big blind to get the point across.... he asked what the hell I was doing and I told him I hate straddlers... and had less patience for them than usual due to the BS earlier that night. He just laughed and said he woudln't straddle anymore. I actually took down that 2nd pot as well.... gotta love getting good cards when you REALLY need em [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2005, 02:02 PM

I'm just too darn lazy to pass on all my bad luck but I've had a real bad run of cards in Tunica lately.

The last 2 tournaments at the Horseshoe I've lost with pocket Aces both times. Once to 10's and once to jacks.

I've lost 5 out of the last 6 times with pocket aces.