Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 03-25-2005, 03:01 AM

Default Pets

What kind of animals are folks keeping? Just curious. I am having another bout of dog envy. I want a [censored] dog.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:05 AM

Default Re: Pets

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of animals are folks keeping? Just curious. I am having another bout of dog envy. I want a [censored] dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a puppy, had her for about 4 months.

Lets just say it was the best thing I have ever done, and the worst thing I have ever done simultaneously.

At my age, conditions have to be close to perfect for you to get a dog, and mine happened to be. I would reccomend to just about everyone to wait until you are more settled. If you already are, then definetly get one.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:09 AM

Yeah---thats where I'm at. I may move several more times in the next few years, plus I am seldom home. It would be completely unfair to get a puppy and leave it alone all the time.

I grew up in a house that always had dogs---Boxers, Airedale retrievers, an Akita, etc. I really miss them.

I understand the tremendous hassle a puppy can be, but in the end, they really are the best [censored] companion in the world.

By-the-way, what sort of Dog, and how old was he/she when you got him/her?
Old 03-25-2005, 03:16 AM

Boston Terrier. Minimum age when I took her home (8 weeks), and she was 2 pounds!!! (smaller than puppy toys or pugs even). It was awesome having her at that size. Now she is about 10 pounds.

Im settled now, I will be moving in with my girlfriend in a few months (the dog is ours, but I take care of it while she is graduating this semester). We are settled in the Hartford area, (she is only 21 but has an actuarial spot at Aetna). I had a ton of free time these past 4 months, and will up until about July. The dog will be well raised and settled by then, and more capable of being alone for longer periods of time while we are at work.

Your question was interesting to me, because my friend just made a huge mistake IMO, and got a puppy. He is looking for teaching spots around the nation. He wants to move to Madison Wisconsin for a year, and he likes to generally travel a lot. He loves dogs, and didnt account for anything in his choice. I honestly think his life will be much harder with the fact that he got the dog, which is a TON of work in the puppy age.

Just realize what it means to be entirely responsible for a child (although not human) life.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:27 AM

yellow lab, a cat. and my 3 yo son has an ant farm.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:30 AM

I got a bulldog puppy in january, he's 4 months old now. I'd been wanting one for a while and since I'm home like all the time right now it seemed like the perfect time.

Now my girlfriend's trying to get me to get a cat. Not for a while.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:50 AM

I'm not into animal feces so I don't have any pets.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:55 AM

I got an english bulldog a little over a month ago. He was 8 weeks when I got him. I've wanted an english bulldog for as long as I can remember, and just recently have been financially and schedule able to get one.

I love him. Here are a few pics right after I got him:

Old 03-25-2005, 05:08 AM

Well okay I guess I can post some pictures too. The first one is when he was about 9 weeks old, the second is more recent.

He's still a lot of work but he's worth it.

Old 03-25-2005, 05:16 AM

i have a lil pit bull!!