Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 03-07-2005, 02:35 PM

Default My 2004 Tahoe Z71

For those that helped out in my previous post regarding what SUV to get...well here she is, bought her on Saturday.

2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71 in Summit White. This has been my dream SUV for quite a few years and I couldn't be happier. And I have poker to thank for it because poker is what's paying for it. So thanks to everyone that has helped me (probably unknowingly and just through information/hand/experience sharing in other forums).

Can't wait to test her off road...but she's so clean right now, I thought I'd let her get some road dirt on her first! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Specs:

Year: 2004
Make: Chevy
Model: Tahoe Z71
Miles: 11,000 miles

Package Details:

Full loaded with I believe every available package option except XM radio and the Navigation System.

Power Driver's Seat, Stereo Control In Steering, AM/FM Stereo Radio, Bose Stereo System, Radial Tires, Gauge Cluster, Trip Odometer, Air Conditioning, Tinted Glass, Driver Side Air Bag, Climate Control, Passenger Side Air Bag, Side Air Bags(Front), Front Bucket Seats, Reclining Seats, Leather Upholstery, Power Sunroof, Security System, Master Window Lock, CD Player, Anti-Lock Braking System, Rear Air Conditioner, Alloy Wheels, Cup Holder(S), Interval Wipers, Rear Defroster, Rear Window Wiper, Heated and Memory Seats, DVD Player, Running Lights, Third Row Seating, Second Row Seating with Captain Chairs.

Story:

Apparently some 22 year old kid owned it before me according to the manager. His dad buys him a new vehicle every year and he brought this one in on Thursday and traded it in for an 05 Corvette. I called on Friday for a price, negotiated over the phone, drove 2 hours on Saturday and bought it that morning after a test drive and inspection. I was initially concerned the 22 year old might have beat the hell out of it, but when looking underneath during my inspection I saw the Skid Plate was completely clean, untouched without a scratch on it. I don't think the Tahoe was ever off the pavement and it was in pristine condition.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: My 2004 Tahoe Z71

Very nice. How much, 30k or so?
Old 03-07-2005, 03:00 PM

i cant wait to test out the seats [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2005, 03:01 PM

Congrats.

Great ride.

Gives me (and a bunch of others) something to shoot for.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:01 PM

Nice ride.

I guess you'll have to do even better at poker this next year, to pay for the gas.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:06 PM

Cool, glad you found something you like [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Now, go load that bad boy up and head for the mountains.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:15 PM

I updated the main post with the Specs and whatnot, as well as some details to the previous owner.

When I KBBed the vehicle with all the options included, it retailed at about $38K. When I called for a price (as it wasn't listed with one), they quoted me $34,900. I told him it was too high, and I don't feel like driving two hours up there to negotiate for hours on end and not come to a deal, so what is the rock bottom they are offering. He said 32K, add in my 96 Jeep trade-in and that brought it down to 30K. There is a little more to it where the manager called back, said he needed at least 33K for it, etc...but I stood on 30K with my trade in because "that's all I had" (great line they can't object)...and he agreed as long as the trade in checked out. All went well, I put another 3K down and financed the rest. Not to mention I just had my Jeep in the shop and it had about 2K in repairs that were "highly recommended". So I wound up getting about 8K off retail with my trade in that was really valued around $0.

So yeah, good guess...right on the money. BTW 30K for that vehicle with 11,000 miles and fully loaded is a sick price. Clearly you're a swindler! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Another kick to the story is I almost bought a 2002 3 days earlier but walked out on the dealer after 3 hours of negotiation because he wouldn't drop $800. Turned out better this way, got a 2004 with EVERYTHING I wanted...for about $5K more.

Now if only poker would turn around and help me with the payments! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i cant wait to test out the seats [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hobag
Old 03-07-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice ride.

I guess you'll have to do even better at poker this next year, to pay for the gas.

[/ QUOTE ]

No [censored], freakin gas is jacking up and this thing guzzles. 5.3 liter V8 and a 26 gallon tank. That's about $50 per fill NOW...probably approaching $100 by the summer!

Who's gonna come pick me up in their Geo Storm for a ride down to AC? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice ride.

[/ QUOTE ]

No [censored], freakin gas is jacking up and this thing guzzles. 5.3 liter V8 and a 26 gallon tank. That's about $50 per fill NOW...probably approaching $100 by the summer!

Who's gonna come pick me up in their Geo Storm for a ride down to AC? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ehehhe ill get ya in the m3!! it gets GOOD gas mileage!! YEY!! and im not a hobag!!! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]