Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 01-17-2005, 12:35 PM

Default QQ preflop...

This hand took place at a home tournament. It was sixhanded at the time. I was a relative shortstack with about 50% of the average (about 25 big blinds), and the villain (SB) was one of the bigger stacks with about 150% of the average. SB is a decent tight-aggressive player, but no other significant reads on him. I've been quiet for the past two or three rounds.

I pick up Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the cutoff seat. Fold, fold, I open-raise to 3xBB. Button calls, SB reraises 6xBB on top. BB folds. The pot is 16BB. My move?

Results in white:
<font color="white"> I quickly reraise all-in, which is about 15BB on top. Button folds, SB calls with KK. He hits a set on the turn, I get myself a beer. </font>
Old 01-17-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Re: QQ preflop...

no need to post the results in your post because it'll often influence the responses you'll get, but you played it fine. you can't fold here.

you're shortstacked and openraising from a steal position. sb could easily put you on a steal and trying to re-steal or make a stand with AQ or whatever type hand and would be more willing to play stacks with you because he's in no danger of busting out. not really much to debate about here.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: QQ preflop...

Post this in the tourney forum.