Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2005, 02:26 PM

Default What to do on the Flop AQs

Prima .50/1.00

My only read is on EP2 who calls with any 2 cards in the deck. All others are unknow.

I am in MP2 with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Folded to EP2 who calls, MP1 raises, I 3-bet, all fold to the BB who caps, all call. 4 to the flop for 8BB.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets, EP2 calls, MP1 raises, I.............

It seemed straight forward to me as to what to do here, but I was interested to see what the forum thought. I'll also have you know that I did hesitate when making my decision, something I normally don't do often when 3-tabling. But this hand, didn't sit well with me the whole way.

Joe
Old 01-01-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Re: What to do on the Flop AQs

I would fold.

You are probably beat now but evn if you are ahead you will have to dodge loads of cards before showdown.

I hope this isn't too weak.
Old 01-01-2005, 02:38 PM

I'm interested in your decision. What do you think my opponents have? I think that should effect your decision more that the cards you have to dodge, if you're ahead.

Joe
Old 01-01-2005, 03:14 PM

I would fold this now. I don't like BB's cap preflop, I don't like MP1's raise on the flop, I don't like the flop, and I don't like my outs. (I do like EP2...)

In some sense, if you play on you're playing for the 60-something % of the pot you can get when the 4-flush doesn't come, because I'd have a hard time calling more bets with a 4-flush on the board and 3 opponents.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: What to do on the Flop AQs -- Results

For the record, I didn't like all the action to me. I felt like someone had AK and the other person had a big PP (AA-JJ). Either way, I thought I MIGHT have at best 2 outs, so I mucked when the heat was on me.

The BB turned over K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
MP1 turned over J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for a flopped set.
The 4th diamond never came and MP1's hand was good.
EP2 never showed, but he dumped quite a bit of money in this game. I later checked PT and his VP$IP was around 75% after 50-60 hands! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Joe
Old 01-01-2005, 05:33 PM

I'm curious why the 3-bet PF. How do others feel about it.
Old 01-01-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious why the 3-bet PF. How do others feel about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

With a player who will call anything preflop and an unknown raiser, I don't think it's bad. EP is probably crushed by Hero and MP is very likely 50/50 with or dominated by Hero, both of which are good for Hero. If Hero calls and other players limp along, that's also good for Hero. AQs plays well short-handed and multi-way, so I don't think there's much worry either way.
Old 01-01-2005, 06:15 PM

Fold. 3-betting is out of the question. If you had some kind of read on anyone you could make this call if they raise like fools PF and play poor postflop.

Brad
Old 01-01-2005, 09:24 PM

I fold preflop here without a read. This hand doesn't hold up well against most raising hands, I'd only call here if I was sure that there'd be 5 people or so seeing the flop.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold. 3-betting is out of the question. If you had some kind of read on anyone you could make this call if they raise like fools PF and play poor postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm shocked anyone said fold this hand here. We're talking folding for 1 raise from MP.

What kind of hands would you call with preflop with 2 cold against unknowns? What hands do you 3-bet with?

I understand that my position is not the greatest in the world, and that many players at the table are unknown, but folding this hand in what traditionally is a loose/passive game is absolutely out of the question. In fact, since this hand does very well multiway, and many people at these limits will call 3 cold with any A, its almost a crime not to 3-bet it.

I think folding this hand in this spot in this game is very weak/tight.

Joe