Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2004, 08:45 PM

Default The Ten Dumbest Poker Players

Who are the ten dumbest "name" poker players? Why?
Old 12-30-2004, 03:50 AM

Default Re: The Ten Dumbest Poker Players

Anyone with legitimate knowledge to answer this question would never divulge, so I'm kinda surprised you'd even pose the question.

The only answers you'll get will be unfounded.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:10 AM

I'll bite. I'm using a loose definition of "name player" to include anyone who has been on TV. I'm also probably not going to come up with 10 that are defensible so I'll stop when I can't think of any other standouts.

Hoyt Corkins, Toto Leonidas, Ted Lawson, Phil Hellmuth, Ellix Powers, Chris Hinchcliffe

~D
Old 12-30-2004, 07:08 AM

Vahedi..."you went against him why dont you go against me.."

Mike Caro covered this one on his book pretty well Amir. That and he went flat broke playing High limit Ring games and Hellmuth pulled his backing.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:27 AM

Vahedi should have been busted by Thor Hansen in the WSOP 2 years ago, and we should have never heard from him.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Vahedi should have been busted by Thor Hansen in the WSOP 2 years ago, and we should have never heard from him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Didn't Amir have two live cards and a flush draw vs. Thor's AK? That's about even money. Or do you mean a different hand?
Old 12-30-2004, 10:34 AM

1. Stu Ungar

Reasons - Couldn't get the help he needed to live. Didn't know cars required oil changes.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:36 AM

Why the hell was he even in that hand with Q8s anyway?? Especially against a ballsy opponent like Thor Hansen who will simply call you semi bluffs with a flush draw...

That hand was inexplicably bad ESPECIALLY in tourney play when you have a great stack position and you are trying to bluff out someone who can bust you. Just all around silly.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vahedi was in the running for player of the year that year even without the high finish at the WSOP. If you followed poker beyond ESPN you would have heard of him.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:52 AM

First, how many WSOP main events have you played in? For that matter, how many over $1000 touneys have you played in?

Secondly, the coverage of that hand started after the flop, so you have no idea why he was playing the hand. Maybe Thor flat called a blind steal with his AK. Maybe the odds were there.

I'm so sick of people making judgements of players and hands when they have NO IDEA what past plays and future plays may be affected by the play of this hand. Not to mention that ESPN cannot be trusted in any way to show relevant information such as stack sizes, raise sizes, blind sizes, etc.

I'm not saying that Vahedi doesn't belong on this list, just saying that play may not have been as bad as you think. Clearly, post-flop, if Vahedi put Thor on AK this was a good play. Even if Thor has JJ, Amir's not that far behind. Only three hands really scare him (excluding a set) and that's QQ, KK, AA. To tell you the truth, from the coverage, Thor's call was infinately worse than Vehadi's bet. Calling for a good portion of your chips with Ace high there can't be right. If Amir has any pair, even 22, thor's in rough shape. Anyways, just my take.

Peace

Goodie