Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2004, 05:15 AM

Default Easy push? Or fold

My read on BB was that he was pretty tight. I only showed down 1 hand, AA in the beginning.

I was playing a 5+1$ S&G
Stack sizes:
Seat 2( $685 )
Seat 5( $3440 )
Seat 4( $1910 )
Seat 8( $1965 )
Blinds 150/300

I just posted the SB(150) and BB(300) was seat 4. My stack size after the blind: 535

2 fold. I go all in w/ K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Should I or should I not?

Can someone tell me what hands I should put myself all in to in these situations?

I'm new to those S&Gs as a whole so any input would be appreciated

Greets,
Michael
Old 12-08-2004, 05:22 AM

Default Re: Easy push? Or fold

Listening to the advice on this forum has turned me into a maniac short-handed. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] So I would probably go all in w/ any two in this situation. Definately w/ K8s.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:46 AM

yup gotta push.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:25 AM

This is your last opportunity for any fold equity at all. You will have less than 2 BBs after this hand. Right now your bet will make it a little more than 2 BBs. Not much fold equity, but it's some.

Everybody has folded. You are in the small blind. You are unlikely to have a better situation than this. I think I would push any two and pray. With K8s, it's a no-brainer.

By the way, how did you survive so long (and have so few chips) without any showdowns? My guess is you are missing a lot of opportunities to push your hand and steal some chips. Especially since you were uncertain whether to push this hand or not.

While you are waiting for one of the other three to bust out, they are waiting for you to bust out. They are going to win the waiting game. You're going to have to become the aggressor if you hope to stay alive.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:18 AM

JMC is asking a good question. How did you get into this chip position in the first place. I think you should post the hand history from when you are 6 handed to this point in the tourney. There are probably alot of steal opportunities that you missed.